New Pickups: LCP & G 26

This is a discussion on New Pickups: LCP & G 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Grabbed a LCP from the shop this AM. Before I left i spotted a couple glocks and noticed a 26. Came back after I ran ...

Thread: New Pickups: LCP & G 26

New Pickups: LCP & G 26

Grabbed a LCP from the shop this AM. Before I left i spotted a couple glocks and noticed a 26. Came back after I ran to the bank and handled the thing, ended up grabbing it too!

Havent gotten a chance to fire off either one yet, but today I'll be cleaning, then tomorrow I think I'll go squeeze some thru.!

As for the aesthetics, they are both butter. I really like the heft to the glock, the 380 is not nearly as substantial. I am glad i picked them both up and I'll be sure to give a range report ASAP!

By the way, these are my first 2 handguns. Going to be getting a carry permit soon.!

2. Remove Ads

cmb
    Congrats, good guns, have shot but do not own either. Have fun and getworking on thepermit... in the mean time folks here can help you acesorize and hoslter those pistols...

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    What a great start--to go from no handguns to a Glock and LCP.

Very happy for you.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    Few of us have many 2 guns in 1 day experiences. You'll remember this one. Start saving up for ammo now.:)
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

VIP Member
    Great start...waiting for range report and pics....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

here are some pre-clean pics for ya. fresh outta the box!
    Attached Images

definitely looking for holster suggestions for both pieces

Pictured we have the Glock 26 in Case with Cleaning supplies, Safety info. owners manual, etc. and the Glock with 2 Magazines.

The Ruger LCP came with 1 clip, i bought 1 extended grip clip and the grip extension came with the LCP. Does this mean it is post recall?

I also checked the exploded picture of the LCP and it didnt have the "spacer" near the hammer that I thought was added with the recall send back. Just curious, if it needs to be sent back to Ruger I'll do so. And fire the Glock for the time being
    Attached Images

Glad you found the LCP. Suggestion: A small dab of white out (liquid paper) on the front sight helps a lot. As far as holster for the LCP, there are a bunch. I used a #10 Uncle Mikes IWB. Cheap, thin, and worked fine.

No help on the 26 here. I don't, haven't, and probably won't own one.
    --
    If I'm repeating myself, or repeating myself differently, it's probably 'cause of the brain cells I've murdered and the selective memory caused by concussions, contusions and confusions. Oh yeah, and that one night in Dallas.

NRA-Life Member
    ATA- Life Member
    --Guns? What guns?--

Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    definitely looking for holster suggestions for both pieces

Pictured we have the Glock 26 in Case with Cleaning supplies, Safety info. owners manual, etc. and the Glock with 2 Magazines.

The Ruger LCP came with 1 clip, i bought 1 extended grip clip and the grip extension came with the LCP. Does this mean it is post recall?

I also checked the exploded picture of the LCP and it didnt have the "spacer" near the hammer that I thought was added with the recall send back. Just curious, if it needs to be sent back to Ruger I'll do so. And fire the Glock for the time being
    .....By the looks of the mag. ext. I would say it did go to Ruger for the recall. It was new wasn't it ?

yes it was new

Look at a Nemesis Holster for the LCP, I have one for mine and it is awesome and cheap!

My understanding is that post-recall LCPs have a diamond-shaped mark struck into the slide just behind the hammer.

I have both a G26 and a LCP (my wife's gun). Congrats!

I used white nail polish on the front sight of the LCP - might be more durable than the liquid paper suggested earlier. Good idea nonetheless.

Holster recommendation would depend on how you want to carry - I love the Smartcarry. Do some searching around - lots of info here.

I would suggest the Tru-Glo TFO (Tritium/Fiber Optic) sights for the G26, and Crimson Trace lasers for both.

Best of luck!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Links