Got to touch an LCP today...

This is a discussion on Got to touch an LCP today... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to the LGS today and to my surprise they had a Ruger LCP. I said to the owner I was surprised that they had ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got to touch an LCP today...

Unhappy Got to touch an LCP today...

Went to the LGS today and to my surprise they had a Ruger LCP. I said to the owner I was surprised that they had one and he said "We kinda do" He tends to talk in ciphers or code sometimes, weird but the best gun shop out of the three by far. $280. Come to find out the gentleman standing next to me filling out paperwork was purchasing the pistol and was on the waiting list since NOVEMBER. Are you freaking kidding me? If I ordered one by the time I got it I wouldn't need a pocket pistol because I would be butt deep in Michigan snow. Back to the drawing board.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

2. Remove Ads

i went to a sporting goods/outdoorsy store across town from me, down south, and they thought it absurd i ask about a LCP with a 100 person cut off waiting list...i was just perplexed

i went to the gun shop/range not far from this place and they had one that I bought, another guy came in there when i was there and bought one, a lady bought one, and there was still one on display there were probably more.

I sure hope those on the waiting list have looked at this place too...

im still confused about the abundance at one spot in town and a draught on the other side??

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I got mine on Gunbroker.com I guess it's over a year now (got mine when they first came out). I guess in retrospect, I didn't do too badly @ $325. I've seen them selling for $499 at gun shows, and the sad part was people were buying them at that price!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I am going to call the two other gun stores in my town to see what they have to say. Maybe they have some in stock. There is a gun show on August 1st that I am thinking of going to with my wife's uncle, I am sure if they have some the price will be about $100 more than a store though. I also asked about the Kahr P380 and the owner told he he has yet to see one and that he has some on order.

I just got one at Whittakers (Kentucky). They do a world of business over the phone. $269. I love the place.
    Whittaker Guns
    Ain't no fun when the rabbit has a gun!

I've heard about horrible waiting lists.

I walked into Joe's Sporting Goods in Roseville, MN and ordered one - put 20% down, about 13 days later it arrived - having just been made a few days prior by Ruger. Paid more than $280 though. Damn MN taxes.
    b
    NRA Life Member | NRA & MADFI Instructor | Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    My views are my own - they may or may not reflect those of my employer.

If you buy a pistol over the phone or internet don't you have to have it shipped to an FFL holder? That is one thing I never looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by chains1240 View Post
    If you buy a pistol over the phone or internet don't you have to have it shipped to an FFL holder? That is one thing I never looked into.
    It's a snap. Check around your area, go to gunbroker.com and they have all the FFLs in your area listed (with what they charge, usually around $20). You also save with paying NO sales tax!

what he said.

they told me they charge $45 at my trusty local range/store today...discouraged me from getting a pistol via transfer...

my LCP was $299 plus tax, and they threw me a box of .380acp i had to pay for..about 370 with a 50 box of rounds pistol and 2 mags

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    I found my FFL agent through the list that GunBroker maintains. He charges $15 and comes to my house to close the transaction. Bought two guns in last year using him. I offered him more because of the personal service. He wouldn't take it. YMMV.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

I paid $309 for mine at my local gun store that I deal with, not to bad I guess

Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    they told me they charge $45 at my trusty local range/store today...discouraged me from getting a pistol via transfer...

my LCP was $299 plus tax, and they threw me a box of .380acp i had to pay for..about 370 with a 50 box of rounds pistol and 2 mags
    A "buddy" of mine charges $25. A guy that lives 2 miles from me gets $10. Some buddy!

Shop around...don't be afraid to play them against each other. If they want the sale, and know you're serious, they'll deal!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by kingdaddyoh View Post
    I just got one at Whittakers (Kentucky). They do a world of business over the phone. $269. I love the place.
    Whittaker Guns
    do they ship handguns to a ffl? not seeing them in the online store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links