Hot Scoop: New H&K Coming....

This is a discussion on Hot Scoop: New H&K Coming.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At my IDPA match today, one of the DHS guys made mention that H&K has entered into a new product that is in the preproduction ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hot Scoop: New H&K Coming....

Lightbulb Hot Scoop: New H&K Coming....

At my IDPA match today, one of the DHS guys made mention that H&K has entered into a new product that is in the preproduction stages. They hired the former armorer from Delta Force to design a 1911 style handgun (45ACP) that still incorporates the H&K features of the various trigger variations. Supposedly it features the EXACT same grip dimensions of a 1911 but has a staggered (but not double stack) magazine that allows for 10rds to fit flush against the bottom of the mag well. It will be available to the public after the first several military contracts are completed and it will (I won't hold my breath ) retail for approx the same price as a full size USP 45. Yeah, it may spike up a bit at first on the strength of high demand....but it's supposed to settle down.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    That will be more than a little interesting, by sound of it.

Look fwd to more info when available.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hum that sounds interesting Hk was supposed to be working on a 1911 but was put on the back burner wonder if this will be result

Talking There's more

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    That will be more than a little interesting, by sound of it.

Look fwd to more info when available.
    According to my source today, there are folks who are already testing it and those tests have been posted on some other gun forums but I don't know which ones. Maybe some of our members who sometimes hit the other places could check?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Larry Vickers is the gunsmith HK bought to help with this project. They (HK) didn't have the final design done in time for SHOT - but they have had a number of working prototypes out for a few months now as "beta" units.

The controls will be VERY familiar to any 1911 user - and it will hold 10 rounds in a wider than single column magazine - but as stated above - it is not a double stack mag - so the grip circumference will not feel like a 2x6.

The only complaints I have heard is that the trigger feels more like a USP than it does a 1911 - but all else has been nothing but praise.

The great news is that these guns will run - and run - and run - UNLIKE most 1911's. 1911's are the Harley Davidson's of the handgun world - they are THE gun to have - but you gotta put a lot of love and money into them. The HK45 will be "good to go" right from the box.

There are NO pictures at this time that are in the public domain of the current HK45.

Hope this helps,

cheers

tire iron

VIP Member
    I read somewhere that Vickers will safe queen all of his 1911's once this gun is out since he feels that confident about it.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Exclamation Tire Iron.... you DA man!

Quote Originally Posted by tire iron
    Larry Vickers is the gunsmith HK bought to help with this project. They (HK) didn't have the final design done in time for SHOT - but they have had a number of working prototypes out for a few months now as "beta" units.

The controls will be VERY familiar to any 1911 user - and it will hold 10 rounds in a wider than single column magazine - but as stated above - it is not a double stack mag - so the grip circumference will not feel like a 2x6.

The only complaints I have heard is that the trigger feels more like a USP than it does a 1911 - but all else has been nothing but praise.

The great news is that these guns will run - and run - and run - UNLIKE most 1911's. 1911's are the Harley Davidson's of the handgun world - they are THE gun to have - but you gotta put a lot of love and money into them. The HK45 will be "good to go" right from the box.

There are NO pictures at this time that are in the public domain of the current HK45.

Hope this helps,

cheers

tire iron
    GOD BLESS YOU....I was driving myself nuts because I KNEW the guy associated with H&K was also the name of a famous machinegun and also knew it wasn't "Browning!"

I can't wait for this thing to get to us. I love my USP full size 45, but it's just a tad too big for my hands to acquire a proper "crush grip" in competition. It's also too big for a comfortable IWB where my 1911's are not.

So I carry the USP OWB and sometimes as today, I took my wife and our newfie pups to Key West because it was so uncharactically cool and breezy. But that's sorta "Indian country" so I carried my Sig P245 OWB under a 2X 5*11 short sleeve worn over a t-shirt. It was perfect.

Sounds like a gun I'd be real interested in. I love 1911's but either find them too pricey and sensitive or I just don't like the less expensive ones.

los
    For years HK had eluded they were going to manufacture a 10 round magazine for the USPc45. HK claimed that it too was in a pre-production stage. It never happened.

Let's wait and see if HK-history repeates itself.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

OD*
    I though Vickers & HK parted ways several years ago?
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

This handgun is/will come to pass - it was/is developed for the "new" US Mil Handgun trials. The new handgun MUST be in .45 ACP - it MUST have an external thumb safety - and it MUST have a 10 round magazine.

Larry Vickers is the ONLY member of the American Pistolsmith Guild that is also ACTIVE DUTY military. He is THE gunsmith for a very high speed US Army unit that the Army says doesn't exist. BUT - he is not a total 1911 guy either - as he spearheaded the effort to allow US SpecOps personnel to be able to carry Glock handguns too.

USSOCOM will be the unit that does all the testing - with "input" from all the other branches of service.

These "trials" are going to bring alot of really cool .45 ACP handguns to the market - as some real shooters will finally pick the winner.

EVERYbody - from HK to S&W to Glock to REMINGTON (yes - Remington) and many other are submitting handguns for this - as the winner will have a HUGE marketing "coup".

It will be interesting.

cheers

tire iron

I am not sure of the "current" state of affairs with LV and HK as the design is all but done - but he was HEAVILY involved in the project.

cheers

tire iron

Seems to me that the weapon we're talking about might be the
    HK P3000 Series...........if so, I've seen the pix, The gun looks like a USP, with some frame and grip refinements..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Lead Moderator
    hope it comes to pass. any more info? Polymer frame? I want 1 if they are up to HK's usual standards.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I second Rocky - if these are built to the standards of other HK, then I'm very interested (though I will not be giving my old 1911s safe queen status.... well, maybe not all of them at least).
    Tire Iron - I have never before heard the analogy about 1911s and Harleys - guess I need to get out more - but as I've ridden Harleys since 1981, you're right. Great bikes and great guns but they sure do need some tinkering. At least mine have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links