Bond Arms..Anyone?

This is a discussion on Bond Arms..Anyone? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Bond Arms .45 acp. that I carry very easily in my back pocket, especially when wearing shorts and tee-shirt in summer weather. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Bond Arms..Anyone?

Bond Arms..Anyone?

I have a Bond Arms .45 acp. that I carry very easily in my back pocket, especially when wearing shorts and tee-shirt in summer weather. (120 deg. here) This is a great gun, very concealable, accurate, fun to shoot, and the re-coil is not excessive or uncomfortable. It's extremely well made in stainless, and very strong. Does anyone else have one of these?
    ArmyCop and gun_bushido like this.

2. Remove Ads

I guess I'm the only one that's lucky enough to have a Bond Arms!

I looked at one in 45/410 and I really wanted it to shoot the 410 buckshot thru it...but my hands are too small to be able to cock it one handed...2 buddies carry them and love them...very well built guns...

Lead Moderator
    Not to be mean but my buddy has the .22 version Bond Arms gun. I was not impressed with the fit, materials or workmanship of this gun. In fact he dropped it once and broke the hammer off.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I've looked at them a number of times and thought they would be a "fun" gun but the size and weight for only 2 rounds have kept me with snubbies or other small guns for CCW. I do think they're good looking little guns but I would think the recoils would be a bit sharp becasue of the style of the grip.

Post some pic's of yours please....

I have large hands, to make the gun a better fit in my hand I replaced the original grips with the extended grips. The re-coil is sharp, but no more so than many of the .45 compacts out there. Like I said before, this gun is for summer carry, it will fit in any pocket easily without any detection. I can fire off both barrels within 3 seconds with the same accuracy as my auto within 20 feet. I have many other guns, both revolvers & pistols, one for every style of dress and perceived set of circumstances. The Bond Arms fits right in where the others will go, and places where the others won't go. With this gun there is no excuse to leave home without it, regardless of what you wear.

I've got the Bond Arms Texas Defender in .45/.410. Well, it used to be a Texas Defender, but now it's a Snake Slayer IV. Had it two years and Bond let me upgrade the barrel from the 3 inch to the 4.25 inch for just the difference in barrel price (plus shipping). Couldn't believe they let me do that. Now it can take 3 inch .410 000 buck with 5 pellets each. It's my anti-carjacking piece. With the 3 inch, it was very easy shooting. I have the extended grip also. The 000 buck was almost as easy shooting as #6 shot was. No problem with eigher. The easiest to shoot was the .45 cowboy loads. Might get some other barrels/calibers for it, it's just a fun little piece. As for overall size, it's no smaller than my J frame 642 or Ruger LCR, but a little thinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    I've looked at them a number of times and thought they would be a "fun" gun but the size and weight for only 2 rounds have kept me with snubbies or other small guns for CCW. I do think they're good looking little guns but I would think the recoils would be a bit sharp becasue of the style of the grip.

Post some pic's of yours please....
    Here are the pictures you requested. And, I understand what you say concerning the 2 rounds, however, considering the common circumstances perceived in relation to conceal carry,(not the Hollywood movie kind) 2 rounds 99% of the time is sufficient. This question was once asked..."isn't it a good idea to carry a gun with a high capacity magazine"? The answer was.."Well sure, if you plan to miss a lot". Accept for the 1% of extraordinary circumstances, your self defense situation will be by judged by a jury in relation to the distance between you and your attacker. (further than 20 ft. puts your self defense under much scrutiny) I've been shooting for more than 50 years, I don't miss anything at 20 ft., and I don't need more than 2 rounds.

Senior Member Array SilenceDoGood's Avatar
    Saw a guy shooting one of these at Ben Avery last weekend (sat i think). He seemed to be loving it.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDoGood View Post
    Saw a guy shooting one of these at Ben Avery last weekend (sat i think). He seemed to be loving it.
    I know I love it. I've had .22 & .38 spl. derringers in the past that I couldn't hit the side of a barn with, and they were almost brutal to shoot. I can shoot this Bond Arms .45 acp. all day long just for the fun of it without any discomfort at all and hit my target every time. Amazing little gun.
    Last edited by Bart; July 24th, 2009 at 05:02 AM.

Hello. Bart, I've had a lot of fun playing with derringers--shot Cowboy Action all over the place, even at Ben Avery more than once. But I don't consider them to be much more than range "toys".

The recent shootout at the store in Richmond Virginia highlights my reasons better than I could myself with a windbaggy post.

My next firearm is going to be a Bond Arms derringer. I actually plan on keeping it as a BUG (or a bug TO a BUG) while traveling. They are just such likeable little devils...and I have the ability (apparently I'm in the minority?) of being able to cock them easily with one hand.
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

I guess if you name your guns you could call it JAMES.....JAMES BOND
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I guess if you name your guns you could call it JAMES.....JAMES BOND
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    I have a Bond Arms .45 acp. that I carry very easily in my back pocket, especially when wearing shorts and tee-shirt in summer weather. (120 deg. here) This is a great gun, very concealable, accurate, fun to shoot, and the re-coil is not excessive or uncomfortable. It's extremely well made in stainless, and very strong. Does anyone else have one of these?
    Just got my Bond Arms 45 acp and while searching found this \ your old post. You still here? Still have that Bond Arms 45acp?
    gun_bushido likes this.
    For God, Family and Country!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links