Pistol / Carbine Combo Question

This is a discussion on Pistol / Carbine Combo Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am interested in a pistol/carbine combo where the same mags/ammo are used... Does anyone have a set like this? Does anyone have any recomendation? ...

Thread: Pistol / Carbine Combo Question

Pistol / Carbine Combo Question

I am interested in a pistol/carbine combo where the same mags/ammo are used...

Does anyone have a set like this?

Does anyone have any recomendation?

I don't want to break the bank by buying two new items... and I already have a Ruger P89... they do not make the PC9 (carbine) anymore but you can still get them... I am willing to spend more to get something more dependable if necessary...

If there is already a thread/or review somewhere on this or similar could you point me to it also...

Thanks in advance,

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I have the PC4 in .40 s&w, love shooting it. I don't have a Ruger pistol, don't like them very much, but they autos I do have are chambered for .40, so at least I can share ammo. I've been thinking of buying a lever action cabine in .357 magnum for the same reasons.

I had not thought about the 357 mag, I don't have one I was thinking along the lines of semiauto but that may be an option down the road, thanks...

I have a 9mm AR-15 that takes GLOCK 9mm mags and I also have Glock 9mm's (26, 19, 17, 34). It took some work to get the carbine to function 100%. It's a blow back and it gets dirty after 150 -200 rounds.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

VIP Member
    You could also look at the Beretta Storm carbine.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    If the bank is a primary consideration then there is the Kel-Tec SUB 2000 but it is not available with a Ruger magazine option. I've never shot one and they are about ugly.

FWIW
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    my vote is the Beretta CX4 Storm carbine with matching pistol. Comes in 9mm, .40 cal and .45 cal... you choose the particular pistol platform to match up grip and mag well for the rifle.

They're not "cheap".

surv

I have a Puma saddle-ring carbine in 45 Colt. Originally got it for Cowboy Action shooting, but it is SO handy to use that have begun using it for coyotes (4 legged, they DON'T get back up) and took it with for black bear last fall. It is in the rack next to the Mini-14 with a single point sling next to it so can grab it quick if needed.

The sights could be MUCH better, but over all the carbine is fantastic!
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul45 View Post
    I have a 9mm AR-15 that takes GLOCK 9mm mags and I also have Glock 9mm's (26, 19, 17, 34). It took some work to get the carbine to function 100%. It's a blow back and it gets dirty after 150 -200 rounds.
    Check your PM

The wife has a G19, and I just got her a Kel Tec Sub 2000 that will take G17 mags, they aren't putting out the ones that take the G19 mags right now apparently. I bought her 4, 33 rd mags for the Kel Tec which will also work in the G19.

Unfortunately the 19 mags are too short to fit into the Sub 2000. I guess one of these days, as bad as I would hate to I may end up buying a G17.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    yep, the KT Sub2K is also a good pistol round carbine that comes in Glock, S&W and Beretta magwell configurations. These are available in 9mm and 40 cal. I had a 9mm config in Beretta magwell that was a great little short range carbine... pipe plate accurate at 50 yards, and it folded into an 18"x10" carry bag. It's about the least expensive carbine style rifle, with magazine compatibility for other brand handguns.

surv

VIP Member
    I was also going to suggest the keltec combo with a glock
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I have the Beretta CX4 carbine and the Beretta 92F as a combo. Both use the same Beretta 15rd mags and they are both excellent apart and together. The carbine is scary accurate and very reliable. CX4 carbine is also one of the easiest rifles I have ever torn down to clean since I have been around guns.

I weighed the others in the market and went the Beretta route. They are cased together and ready for whatever / whenever / wherever. I originally purchased them as a set for the inevitable Florida hurricane GTH outta here set to hit the road / camping that will undoubtedly be a part of life along the coast. I wanted to have a good set to return home and "hold the fort" if necessary
    2A is not negotiable

Links