Need quick advice/opinions......

This is a discussion on Need quick advice/opinions...... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking to sell my glock 27 to finance another gun in the near future. I came across a gentleman that wants to ...

Thread: Need quick advice/opinions......

Need quick advice/opinions......

I have been looking to sell my glock 27 to finance another gun in the near future. I came across a gentleman that wants to trade an early yonkers kimber classic custom for a glock 27. What say ye all? I dont know alot about 1911s but I think if when I see the gun and it passes all function tests and works that even if I dont like it I can get more money out of that to still finance the new gun.....

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I'd trade assuming the 1911 is in good shape.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Kimber's don't have a strong "collector" value
    early yonkers kimber classic custom
    so you're swapping one gun you want to sell for another gun you want to sell. It's a trade-off. The GLOCK may be slightly easier to move while the Kimber may have a slight edge in $$$. I don't know the condition or round-count of either handgun so I'm gonna' SWAG and say G27 = $425-475 / Kimber Classic Custom = $575-625. Sounds like a GO!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    trade..keep the Kimber....then worry about that "other gun deal" later

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar

Actually..........

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Kimber's don't have a strong "collector" value so you're swapping one gun you want to sell for another gun you want to sell. It's a trade-off. The GLOCK may be slightly easier to move while the Kimber may have a slight edge in $$$. I don't know the condition or round-count of either handgun so I'm gonna' SWAG and say G27 = $425-475 / Kimber Classic Custom = $575-625. Sounds like a GO!
    Kimber early on did make a gun called the "Classic Stainless LE" which does have significant value. I bought one new for $479.95 and have been offered $1,500 for it. Of course it is unfired. I'd go for it.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Scratch that idea...... disappointed because I was looking forward to a trade. He forgot to mention that he wanted my gun, my 100 rounds of ammo and 250 dollars. Not so worth it now.

Quote Originally Posted by automatic slim View Post
    Kimber early on did make a gun called the "Classic Stainless LE" which does have significant value. I bought one new for $479.95 and have been offered $1,500 for it. Of course it is unfired. I'd go for it.
    This wasnt a stainless gun. Looked pretty much like the custom II.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
    Scratch that idea...... disappointed because I was looking forward to a trade. He forgot to mention that he wanted my gun, my 100 rounds of ammo and 250 dollars. Not so worth it now.
    Ehh, a no go. Why do people always think their stuff is worth more?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Does that guy happen to sell used cars for a living???

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Absolutely agree. I told him I was willing to throw in a little cash but not much because I can get the same basic gun for 870 new at impact guns and he scoffed so I said have a nice day!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    +1...seems like some people (not all) especially think Kimbers are just a bar of gold with a trigger....
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Not worth it man, find a good buyer for the glock, save up and then go get you the 1911
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Mark my words...you will regret selling that Glock.

Keep it, and save up for whatever else you want. There is a reason "Glock" rhymes with "clock." There are other pistols that are perhaps as reliable as Glocks, but none better.

If you search around the forums, there are very few complaints about functionality with Glocks - happens, but rare considering how many are out there. Compared to the number of issues posted with Kahr, Kel-tec, Kimber, Taurus, etc - there just is no comparison.

If you're looking for a range toy, then do whatever you want. If this is a defensive arm - keep that Glock!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post
    Absolutely agree. I told him I was willing to throw in a little cash but not much because I can get the same basic gun for 870 new at impact guns and he scoffed so I said have a nice day!
    Very wise of you to compare values online. Before I go to a gun show, I always make a point of browsing GunBroker, Impact, and a couple of other sites, especially if I'm in the market for a specific weapon, just to get a feel for the street price of different types. That way, if I do come across a real deal, I can make the right moves.

I haven't sold or traded a firearm in decades. I still have remoseful memories of the ones I sold during tough economic times. Unless it's an opportunity to give up one I can easily replace to acquire one that's truly special, I'd prefer to just wait and save up to make another purchase.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Mark my words...you will regret selling that Glock.

Keep it, and save up for whatever else you want. There is a reason "Glock" rhymes with "clock." There are other pistols that are perhaps as reliable as Glocks, but none better.

If you search around the forums, there are very few complaints about functionality with Glocks - happens, but rare considering how many are out there. Compared to the number of issues posted with Kahr, Kel-tec, Kimber, Taurus, etc - there just is no comparison.

If you're looking for a range toy, then do whatever you want. If this is a defensive arm - keep that Glock!
    I agree, I had a 27 and sold it because i did not like the snap/kick of it....now I wish I had it back, alot. I am a better shooter now and have little problems most of the time with the kick of any gun, I just need to spend more time with some to get used to it.......so, I regret getting rid of it, may by another one soon. Keep the 27, and save for the 45! Good luck.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Links