Treated myself to a new pistol today

This is a discussion on Treated myself to a new pistol today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I now have a BUG. I bought a small 25 automatic. I have never heard of the name but it is a Sundance make ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Treated myself to a new pistol today

Well, I now have a BUG. I bought a small 25 automatic. I have never heard of the name but it is a Sundance make in Valancia, Ca.
    I also picked up a IWH by Blackhawk. I havn't had a chance to shoot it but if anyone has had experience with this one please let me know.

This will now bring me to 4 guns. A 9mm, a 38, an auto. Taurus PT-22 and now this little 25 cal. Guess I will now have to find enough ammo to get used to shooting them.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Grandma4,
    I hate to rain on your parade, but from everything I've ever heard and read (I have no personal experience with them) about the Sundance Industries pistols, your safest bet is to fill the barrel with lead and use it as a paper weight. From what I can see in my 2004 edition of Blue Book of Gun Values, the MSRP of a model A-25 in the last year manufactured (2002) was $79.00. My Blue Book doesn't indicate any models of guns manufactured by them after 2002, but that is the most recent edition of the book I have.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

oh Lordy, wouldn't you just know. I didn't pay a lot for it and was hoping it would be a good bug. Wonder if it jams a lot?
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Those guns usually are jam-o-matics...If you havent heard of them...probably a good reason why.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by grandma4 View Post
    oh Lordy, wouldn't you just know. I didn't pay a lot for it and was hoping it would be a good bug. Wonder if it jams a lot?
    Take it to the range and give us a report.

I'm trying to figure out why you'd pick up an el-cheapo for a BUG, not to mention a wimpy .25, that may be used to save a life one day. I'm sure you could pick up a used Kel-Tec P3AT for ~$200 or less.

Quote Originally Posted by deviceman View Post
    Take it to the range and give us a report.

I'm trying to figure out why you'd pick up an el-cheapo for a BUG, not to mention a wimpy .25, that may be used to save a life one day. I'm sure you could pick up a used Kel-Tec P3AT for ~$200 or less.
    Yeah I looked at one the same time but I can't find ammo anywhere around for the kel tec. They had the kel tec for $259. I travel in some bad areas and I carry a 38 revolver but figured that in some of the places I go a back up in the pocket could be something that would go along with the 38. My 9 mm is between my seat in the pocket of my car. It is just so hard to conceal for a woman in the summer time. In winter I wear jackets so it's not as bad.

Thanks for the input.

why are you traveling in bad areas grandma4? you shouldn't do that unless you absolutely have to.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

I don't know anything about your gun but I just wanted to say your the coolest. Would you be my grandma?
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Be careful shooting that thing lol I agree, paper weight, prolly make a good one
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

There is a reason it was cheap...because it is...it's not something you want to depend your life upon...ever.
    We both have been around long enough to know that 'you get what you pay for'.
    OK, lesson learned, now put that gravel pit plinker away when it comes to SD/HD/BUG.
    If it is something to use AS a plinker, then it can be a 'training weapon' for learning to clear jams...that's fine.

Enjoy your day and keep posting, I like reading what you have to share.

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Grandma, I hate to tell this but years ago I took over the gun dept of a chain of pawn shops,I immeaditly took all the off brand .25s off the shelfs(Raven,RG,Star,Sundance,Jiminez,and on and on)I stripped them and sold parts at gunshows,and to real gunshops,we made a killing cause everybody has a broke .25 somewhere!good luck with yours!
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Grandma4, welcome and glad you're here!
    You may actually have a good close-in shooter.
    Try it and see.
    If it's reliable -- bear in mind you're staking your very LIFE on your choice of BUGs -- then make no apologies for it.
    On the other hand, if it's not quite what you're looking for, then enter into the next phase of handgun ownership:
    HORSE TRADING!
    Either way, please keep posting!
    "Deine Papieren bitte?" or "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ !"
    (Choose only one)
    NRA Endowment Member
    "I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    I don't know anything about your gun but I just wanted to say your the coolest. Would you be my grandma?
    +1 grandson
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

Just a note . . . since the .380 revolution I have not seen a Kel Tec around here below list and you need to add at least $50 if you deal with Gunbroker.

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Lol I hope my grandkids always think i'm the coolest!! I'm here on a trip of great happiness and fun. When i'm old I want them to say man she sure had a good time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links