1st time @ Range: Ruger LCP & Glock 26

This is a discussion on 1st time @ Range: Ruger LCP & Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, went to the range this morning a week after buying my pieces. Just havent had time to get back. Anyways, this was my first ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, went to the range this morning a week after buying my pieces. Just havent had time to get back. Anyways, this was my first time firing these pistols, or any handgun for that matter and I was a little bit nervous. Admittedly. The Supervisor of the range was very helpful and patient with me. I learned a lot from him in such a short time and it was very helpful.

The LCP performed beautifully through about a half a box of MagTech .380 acp. Only problem was when the slide didnt return all the way and drag the top round into the chamber, but that was my fault for "babying" my LCP. Bear with me, just getting started...

After getting used to the trigger pull, recoil, etc. I was ready to step up to the 9mm glock and see what was different. Obviously its a larger gun and feels great in the hand. The trigger pull much shorter than the LCP and overall 9mm feels better shooting than the baby LCP.

I am very happy with the performance. Ill try and improve mine!

Anyways, this was my first time to the range. I wasn't charged or anything, just a informational session kind of. So i still got my free range time, which i should since i bought some DPX for $33/20 rounds, unreal. Also picked up some cleaning supplies. I am gonna strip these down this afternoon and get em cleaned and lubed up for the next go around.

I am just getting into shooting but I feel that one area I DO NOT STRUGGLE WHATSOEVER is ALWAYS being careful. I pay way too much attention to safety, and I plan to keep this up and as my main concern. Just thought I'd share with the DC fam and maybe you could offer any feedback.!

And thanks for all the assistance thus far!

I have been fasting/detoxing whatnot for an off-to-the-side reason...and have been drinking vinegar...when i went to the range the vinegar was going thru me, always does, makes me sweat out all the toxins etc.. anyways

I was sweaty and wiping my face and head with my shirt while i was shooting but there is a lot of what appears to be oil/sweat that has left stain on the magazines. is there a proper way to clean those to remove the oil/sweat sediment or whatever or is it not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    I pay way too much attention to safety
    Impossible to do...

Your LCP is just like my KelTec .380...a little smoother looking, sure, but still not a fun gun at the range, but a great little BUG...IMHO

Now that Glock-26, what a great firearm. You have a great EDC there.

Stay armed...now get into a SD pistol course...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a 26 excellent choice. Good luck on the "test" I assume. Man there are easier ways.

lol, no "test" man, just got some flushing that needs to be done!

Just for a note, raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar has immensely advantageous benefits to everyday life! everyone should throw back a shot every day I think!

Glad you like the G26 so much! Stick with it and you'll be happy I'm sure. I hear apple cider vinegar is darned near a cure-all. Never tried it personally but I also hear a full detox of the body is good now and then. I'd try that, but I'm afraid I'd loose too much weight in the process as well as all of that red meat that I've eaten over the past five years. Keep up the good work and it will all come together soon enough.

absolutely! for now its just fruits/veggies/salads vinegar water and juice!

Also look out for Yoder's Good Health Recipe. It's not as potent as straight vinegar but it is a good daily supp. with many herbs in it for energy, clarity, all of the above.!

Hate to turn DC into a health-forum :) just puttin it all out there!

Anyone have any difficulty field stripping their glock in the early stages of ownership?

I have been tearing up my fingers trying to get this slide off since i got home. I got it the first time i cleaned it and now this is getting out of hand/absurd.

Anyone have any difficulty field stripping their glock in the early stages of ownership?

I have been tearing up my fingers trying to get this slide off since i got home. I got it the first time i cleaned it and now this is getting out of hand/absurd.
    Never......they break down the same for me every time new or used actually. I do it a bit differently than most I'm guessing.

i am pulling down the takedown levers on either side, pulling the slide back slightly while doing so and when i push it forward, it doesnt disconnect. I have tried probably 50 times i am getting beyond frustrated. you cannot imagine.

You're just not pulling down equally on both sides of the lever....either that or your trigger is not to the rear.
    I use my weak hand thumb inside the trigger guard for leverage and push the slide back slightly then from underneath the trigger guard with strong hand thumb and forefinger pull down the catch.
    Make sure it's fully unloaded.

son of a mother goose.

Got it.

Who's got two thumbs and zero sense? This GUy!

son of a mother goose.

Got it.

I often forget to pull the trigger prior to puling the takedown lever and that causes a problem like you are having......you will get used to it. The Glocks are the easiest of ALL guns to takedown...trust me on this!!!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

son of a mother goose.

Got it.

Forgot to pull the trigger? I keep all of my Glocks with the trigger to the rear (clear) when I'm not carrying them. Good habit in my book.

Welcome to shooting. The G26 is a fantastic first choice. It's a great little gun for CCW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links