one glock to rule them all!

This is a discussion on one glock to rule them all! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Heres the story, I just sold a revolver to my brother for 400$. And I am going down the the glock factory in smyrna Ga ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: one glock to rule them all!

one glock to rule them all!

Heres the story, I just sold a revolver to my brother for 400$. And I am going down the the glock factory in smyrna Ga i. I can get in December any new glock for about 380 with a hook up from family. So yall can see where this is going

I have a 1911 that may be used for carry or any other shooting enjoyments. the 1911 is my only other pistol.

So I want this glock to be either

A) dedicated CCW for grand forks "its freakin cold" north dakota (26, 30, 36)

B) The magic bullet thats fun to shoot and can be used in competition / home defense . (19, 17, 34, 21)

I would prefer 9mm or a 45. Lets not start the World Caliber War 3.

What would you get? and does any one have any XP CC'ing the larger models? 19,17,21,......34?

INB4 G19 for 90 Votes
    Μολὼν λάβε

2. Remove Ads

I own several Glock models (23, 22, 19) and if I had to pick just one, the one that works the best for me as far as ammo, power ease of concealment and any other ancillary reasons, it would be the G23.

Good size for carry, good power from the .40 cal round, good ammo capacity. Just all around, in my opinion, the best Glock out there.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

i carry my G19 everyday and it conceals well. you should have no problem with the right holster, belt, and clothing.

-spoz
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."-Thomas Jefferson

G19

I carry the G19 most of the time now. I've shot it in competition as well. Haven't shot my G23 enough yet, but it may be top dog before too long. Anyway, I have both, and either will do just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I own several Glock models (23, 22, 19) and if I had to pick just one, the one that works the best for me as far as ammo, power ease of concealment and any other ancillary reasons, it would be the G23.

Good size for carry, good power from the .40 cal round, good ammo capacity. Just all around, in my opinion, the best Glock out there.
    Same here. To me the G23 is the perfect Glock. Easy to conceal and the stopping power of the .40. IMO the 9mm is good for range shooting, but I want a .40 or .45 when my life is on the line.
    Glock 22 Gen 4, 27
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

VIP Member
    Ok, I am going against the grain here a little bit. Have you considered the big dog - G21? I should say that I am not in love with the "baby" GLOCKs, my hands are too big and I feel like I'm fumbling around on them. If you want a cold weather gun that will be under heavy coats and such, size is of lesser importance in concealment. And, of course, you can never go wrong with 14 rnds of .45.

Now if that is just too big, I say go for the G19. It is smaller and 9mm. This is easily concealed on many people and is not so small as to feel "toy-like" in the hands.

Personal predjudices aside, you can't go wrong with any of them. Good luck.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

I own a Glock 19. It conceals easily, performs flawlessly and is more accurate than I am. With the right ammunition the 9mm is a formidable handgun. For self defense I use Remington Golden Saber and Speer Gold Dot both in 124 grain +P. In addition,9mm ammo is easy to find and much less expensive than some other calibers. You can go to the range,run through several boxes of jhp and not have to take out a second mortgage to pay for it.
    My child is a Honor Student at Camp Polk Correctional Facility.

kpw
    The 19 is hard to beat. The 30 SF is a close second for me. Although the 30 SF fits my mitts a bit better, the 19 is just so easy to shoot well and carries so easily that it's still my top pick. I carried a G22 for about 6 years so carrying a full size is very doable with decent gear. I still want to get a G34 someday just for fun.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

23 during the winter months and 27 during the summer ones. I also shot them in competitions.
    Certified Glock Armorer

I used to hate Glocks, they felt like bricks in my hand. Until I picked up the Glock-36. It's not my Harley gun, but I have started carrying it more and more. The single stack fits my hand very well, and the pistol has been a great shooter.

Stay armed...try the G-36...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I think the compact is the best size for carrying and still being able to get a full grip. I think 9mm is better than .45 when it gets cold as the better penetration has more chance getting through the thick clothes. (YOMV)

So I carry a G19.

The G19 gets my vote as a good, all-around Glock. I've had mine for 18 years.

I think that everyone should own a 19. It was my first Glock. I carry a 23 at work (duty weapon) w/ a 27 as a BUG. Off-duty it is either my 27 or 19.

But you said that you would like 9 or 45. So my vote goes to the 19. As stated, todays ammo will perform well in 9mm. You will not regret getting a 19. The holster options are endless.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Get the .45; more ammo selection.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

I carry the G22 year round. Not too hard to conceal and 15+1 reasons not to be messed with.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links