First look (impressions) at New CZ 75 P-07 Duty

This is a discussion on First look (impressions) at New CZ 75 P-07 Duty within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been on a new gun purchase moratorium for the last couple months (self induced). If you knew how many handguns I own you ...

Thread: First look (impressions) at New CZ 75 P-07 Duty

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar

First look (impressions) at New CZ 75 P-07 Duty

I have been on a new gun purchase moratorium for the last couple months (self induced). If you knew how many handguns I own you will not need to ask why. That being said as many know I love CZ’s. To me their products generally are the most bang for the buck offered by any major manufacturer of quality handguns. And I just love the look, feel, accuracy and ergonomics of their guns. I own 6 (now 7) CZ’s. My latest CZ is the brand new P-07 Duty (9mm). I purchased it from my good friend Clay at Fuquay Gun and Gold in Fuquay Varina, NC. I have done a lot of business with Clay over the years and he always works with me on price and is always courteous and helpful and loves to talk guns. He had 2 in stock and I being a CZ fan was well aware of this new CZ offering but have not had the chance to handle one yet. The pistol looks better in person than in photos and feels great in the hand like a typical CZ. All my CZ’s are all steel except my RAMI, and this of course is the first polymer framed CZ I own. The slide is fully machined from bar stock. The new CZ Omega trigger system simplifies the CZ 75 trigger system, uses fewer parts and improves the trigger pull or so says CZ. In dry fire drills it feels nice, we will see how it feels at the range this weekend hopefully. Upon disasembly and close inspection like all CZ products the gun has a look and feel of quality and fit and finish is very nice for any gun much less one in this price range. I paid much much less than list price BTW. So much so it is hard to believe you get this much gun for the money. Well, lets wait until the gun is fully broken in, but at this point and with my experiences with CZ guns I am expecting very good things from this handgun. I like many here on this site generally like my guns made with steel and wood, and we all know most polymer framed handguns are just plain ugly, but this gun is all business and as the name implies a “duty gun”, so reliability, accuracy, handling and joy of shooting make up for looks IMO. I fully expect this CZ to all have these attributes, just like my other CZ’s.

I will give an update and range report as time allows.

SPECS:
    Weight 1.7 lbs
    Overall Length 7.3 in
    Barrel Length 3.7 in
    Height 5.1 in
    Width 1.5 in
    Frame polymer
    Trigger Mech. SA/DA OMEGA
    Sights fixed
    Safety interchangeable safety or decocking lever (nice feature)
    (2) High capacity double column magazines (16+1 rounds)
    Hammer forged barrels
    Slide-in-frame design for better recoil control
    3 dot sighting system (Tritium night sights available)

When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    very nice....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    I was looking VERY hard at this but decided on a Kahr instead. I'd like to see the range report.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

hey pirate, how's it shoot?

Personally, I tend to prefer the tried and true all steel CZ's. I'm not big on their polymer stuff.....yet.

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Nice looking CZ. Had a 75 and sold it by mistake. Great shooter and was very reliable and accurate. Used it for a few IPSC matches and did well with it.

Like you I'm not a plastic loving gun guy but they seem to hold up very well. Hope it works for you.
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

Links