CW40 range report...#2!

This is a discussion on CW40 range report...#2! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, after employing andersmg 's fix...I took my kahr to the range again. I'm proud to say, I LOVE this gun. It is definitely one ...

Thread: CW40 range report...#2!

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar

CW40 range report...#2!

So, after employing andersmg's fix...I took my kahr to the range again.

I'm proud to say, I LOVE this gun. It is definitely one of the smoothest triggers I've felt so far with, what feels to me, a very clean break at the end. The perceived recoil doesn't seem too bad either. It's far less than I expected for a gun this small.

I put 100 rounds through it today. Mostly FMJ American Eagle and Independence (the local range ammo). I believe both were 180 gr.

The gun performed flawlessly. I did single shots, double taps and triple taps. No failures, and more importantly, the slide stop behaved itself!

I just need to work on my shooting. I'd say about 80% of my shots were hitting low-left on the target. One of the range attendants told me after I was done that he was watching me on security camera. Apparently, before most of my shots, he said I was twitching right before pulling the trigger. I'm wondering if that was because I was expecting the slide stop to engage...I don't know.

I've never shot this bad before. Oh well! I'm excited to get back out and put some more down range! It's amazing how fast you go through rounds when you're having fun!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

2. Remove Ads

Good to hear things have started working out.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    pcon

I'd bet you a donut that you are "pushing" the gun right at the break. That seems to be the culprit for most of us learning to shoot a long DA trigger. Unless you are at full extension (while learning the trigger) you may be completing the extension (pushing) while following through the trigger break. It'll make you shoot low left most of the time (low right for a leftie).

Just my observations.

surv

oh, and make it a cigar instead of a donut...it's my birthday

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    pcon

I'd bet you a donut that you are "pushing" the gun right at the break. That seems to be the culprit for most of us learning to shoot a long DA trigger. Unless you are at full extension (while learning the trigger) you may be completing the extension (pushing) while following through the trigger break. It'll make you shoot low left most of the time (low right for a leftie).

Just my observations.

surv

oh, and make it a cigar instead of a donut...it's my birthday
    ha! happy birthday. this is my first long DA trigger gun. Trying to get used to the different feeling.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

I almost bought a CW40 at a recent show and am still considering it. Thanks for the report.

Did you mix in some dry firing exercises at the range? That might help. Some people also recommend mixing some snap caps randomly into your mags (I haven't tried this yet personally so I can't comment).

I agree with mr surveyor....you are probably pushing. I have a PM9 and was doing the same thing....all groups low and to the left. After some additional practice the problem has all but disappeared.

Links