Kahr CW9 -help! :aargh4:

This is a discussion on Kahr CW9 -help! :aargh4: within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just bought a new Kahr CW9 today and took it to shoot and the magazine fell out 6-8 times while shooting .(about 100 rounds) I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr CW9 -help! :aargh4:

Kahr CW9 -help! :aargh4:

Just bought a new Kahr CW9 today and took it to shoot and the
    magazine fell out 6-8 times while shooting .(about 100 rounds)
    I held the gun all kind of ways trying not to hit the mag release
    and am sure I was not hitting it , but it just keeps falling out.
    The release spring seems to be a lot softer than my other guns
    and I'm thinking that the may be whats wrong
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

2. Remove Ads

wpk
    Are you using factory mags? I've heard some iffy things about non-factory kahr mags. If you're using factory mags and you're sure that the mags are seated properly and you're not hitting the release, I'd call customer service and see about getting a new spring.

I carry my CW9 every day and have never had an issue with it.
    "America is a nation of laws; poorly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

“Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.” -Denis Diderot

Quote Originally Posted by wpk View Post
    Are you using factory mags? I've heard some iffy things about non-factory kahr mags. If you're using factory mags and you're sure that the mags are seated properly and you're not hitting the release, I'd call customer service and see about getting a new spring.

I carry my CW9 every day and have never had an issue with it.
    Yes its a factory mag.
    And I made sure I was not hitting the release
    I just went on Kahrs web site and they had a RA# request page
    with a list of trouble that you can quick select and mags dropping
    was on it . looks like this happens all the time with these gun
    to me.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Quote Originally Posted by ASSA9 View Post
    Yes its a factory mag.
    And I made sure I was not hitting the release
    I just went on Kahrs web site and they had a RA# request page
    with a list of trouble that you can quick select and mags dropping
    was on it . looks like this happens all the time with these gun
    to me.
    Yup. Known issue with Kahrs. Let me guess - it happens after you've fired about half the mag?

As the follower moves up the mag, it bumps the latch that holds the mag in, and the mag falls out. Likely caused by a bad batch of out-of-spec mag followers, no doubt bought from a subcontractor.

Did I mention I am done with Kahrs?

Go Glock!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Yup. Known issue with Kahrs. Let me guess - it happens after you've fired about half the mag?

As the follower moves up the mag, it bumps the latch that holds the mag in, and the mag falls out. Likely caused by a bad batch of out-of-spec mag followers, no doubt bought from a subcontractor.

Did I mention I am done with Kahrs?

Go Glock!
    Thanks for the info , I think I'll just call Kahr Monday about that.
    As for Glock , I have a G26 and your right, Glock rocks !!
    When the crap hits the fan ,you better have a Glock

Kahr will make it right for ya. Sorry you had trouble with your CW9. Mine has been and still is one of the best, IF NOT THE BEST 9mm pistols out there for $400.00 and change. I love my Glock 23 too, but I like the DAO for defense carry and the Elite trigger on the CW9 Blows the Glock trigger away. The blocks have had their troubles too, but its boils down to personal preference really. MY Block stays at home to defend my Home like a good combat pistol should, and my Kahr rides on my hip, in the event I need to defend my life while away from home. Cheers!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

I agree about the triggers on the Kahrs...I have owned many glocks...I think the CW9 is the best value goin in a defensive pistol. I shot some of the tightest groups (with a DAO pistol) the other day with my CW9...Kahr will make it right...

I've had my CW9 for three years and carried it for months at a time. Probably got 2,000 rounds down range. Never had the first problem with a magazine. One mag is a 7 rounder and came with the gun. The other is an 8 rounder and was purchased direct from Kahr. A Kahr is one of the few handguns that can be truly discreet for concealed carry. Send yours back to Kahr for fine tuning.
    "You have to answer for Santino, Carlo. You fingered Sonny for the Barzini people."

The only time my magazines came out was when I accidently bumped the release while shooting. Slightly modified my grip and the problem was solved. I also had some light strike issues early on. A new striker spring and recoil spring and that problem too was solved, [free of charge parts]. Yes, some of these Kahrs have some teething issues but once they are fixed they are a great carry gun. My Glocks now pretty much stay in the safe.

I work at a Gun Shop. We have sent a few Kahrs back with mag problems.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Kahr will make it right for ya. Sorry you had trouble with your CW9. Mine has been and still is one of the best, IF NOT THE BEST 9mm pistols out there for $400.00 and change. I love my Glock 23 too, but I like the DAO for defense carry and the Elite trigger on the CW9 Blows the Glock trigger away. The blocks have had their troubles too, but its boils down to personal preference really. MY Block stays at home to defend my Home like a good combat pistol should, and my Kahr rides on my hip, in the event I need to defend my life while away from home. Cheers!
    I have to agree with this post....my PM9 has never had a magazine issue or failure. I bought it new in 2003 so I dont know if they have made any changes to design but I would surely give Kahr a chance to fix it as I like it very much.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I have had 3 different Kahr polymer pistols (a P9 and two PM9's). All have had issues. My last one is in the process of being sold. Three strikes, Kahr is out.

Comparing Kahr to my two Glocks (G19 and G26)...well, there is NO comparison. Kahr's ads can be funny and call them "Blocks" if they want to, but my own personal experience is that Glocks work, period. Kahrs? Not so much. "Kahr" and "Glock" should not be uttered in the same sentence!

To those of you who have had good experiences with your Kahrs, all I can say is I am happy for you. As for me, I wouldn't take one for free.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I have had 3 different Kahr polymer pistols (a P9 and two PM9's). All have had issues. My last one is in the process of being sold. Three strikes, Kahr is out.

Comparing Kahr to my two Glocks (G19 and G26)...well, there is NO comparison. Kahr's ads can be funny and call them "Blocks" if they want to, but my own personal experience is that Glocks work, period. Kahrs? Not so much. "Kahr" and "Glock" should not be uttered in the same sentence!

To those of you who have had good experiences with your Kahrs, all I can say is I am happy for you. As for me, I wouldn't take one for free.

and let me be the first to say, "I ain't gonna give you one" (I don't need my butt kicked)

surv

This is my second Kahr , the first was a PM40 that would not feed and had barrel preening,
    I don't have time for guns that don,t work.
    I also owned two Bersas and three Kelteks ,all were"lesser"guns
    if you go by price ,but they had 0 problems and cost more than a $100 less than the CW9 and $250 less than the PM40.
    Its a good thing I have other CCWs or I would not have a gun to carry.
    Two strikes is all they will get from me.
    Kahr will not get any more of my money.

i know a lot of you have khars but, it seems to me they have a lot of reliability problems. i would never trust my life to one. also i would never buy one anyway because of mr moonie
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links