Added a Kimber to the collection!

This is a discussion on Added a Kimber to the collection! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Been lurking a long time on this forum, absorbing all the great info and advice. Definitely a great forum! This is my first thread and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Been lurking a long time on this forum, absorbing all the great info and advice. Definitely a great forum! This is my first thread and just wanted to share some pics. I purchased a Glock 26 as my first gun back in January. So far, 600 trouble-free rounds have been through it without a single malfunction. It will eventually be my daily carry.

However, I got the 1911 itch a few months ago, wanting an all steel pistol in 45ACP. I spent over two months doing research and looking and snagged a deal on a brand new Kimber Custom II. Bought two KimPro Tac Mags and ran 200 rounds through it yesterday without a single hiccup and I must say, I LOVE this gun. Scary accurate, great trigger, fits my hand like a glove, and much more enjoyable to shoot IMO than the glock.

Here's some pics of the small but growing collection...I think a snubbie might be next.

I like both of those! Great start. Congrats.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KAR View Post
    Been lurking a long time on this forum, absorbing all the great info and advice. Definitely a great forum! This is my first thread and just wanted to share some pics. I purchased a Glock 26 as my first gun back in January. So far, 600 trouble-free rounds have been through it without a single malfunction. It will eventually be my daily carry.

However, I got the 1911 itch a few months ago, wanting an all steel pistol in 45ACP. I spent over two months doing research and looking and snagged a deal on a brand new Kimber Custom II. Bought two KimPro Tac Mags and ran 200 rounds through it yesterday without a single hiccup and I must say, I LOVE this gun. Scary accurate, great trigger, fits my hand like a glove, and much more enjoyable to shoot IMO than the glock.

Here's some pics of the small but growing collection...I think a snubbie might be next.

Sort of a natural progression.

The Glock subcompact does not compare to a Kimber full size 5" 1911. Not that the Glock is not a good weapon. I is just natural that once you shoot a Kimber 1911 it is a completely different experience. Kimber's are well made and why you pay more for them. Besides muzzle velocity of the larger barrel, precision, etc. it is just what you will want to shoot but not necessarily try to carry concealed.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Welcome...

from Central Florida!

The perfect pair....

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Both will serve you well. Enjoy!
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Both are nice choices. The best of luck.

I would only use Wilson mags. Even if they fail , unlikely, Wilson will replace them immediately.

Thanks for the kind words! I will definitely try the Wilson mags. I really wanted to get to the range and the Kimpros were the only decent mags I could find locally.

Quote Originally Posted by KAR View Post
    ............I LOVE this gun. Scary accurate, great trigger, fits my hand like a glove, and much more enjoyable to shoot IMO than the glock..........
    Congratulations on the new shooter. I honestly don't believe that anyone will ever build a gun that feels better in your hand than a 1911. Just something about a 1911 that feels like an extension of your arm, not like you're holding a tool.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Nice aquisition! Now add that snubby for a great deep concealment [pocket carry] arm.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    welcome to DC, nice collection!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Great addition to to the lineup! I've got 3 Kimbers myself, and they are outstanding handguns.
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Also welcome! I have only been on this site for a couple of months but have really enjoyed it and have gotten some great knowledge from all of the posts. I also have a G26 but not a Kimber (yet...shhh the wife can here me typing! )
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

Welcome from Heathrow, Florida

I love your Kimber also, very nice!
    The Kim-Pro Tac Mags are a great choice, clean and lube the Kimber, they are tight.

Welcome to the forum. Way to start a collection. The little Glocks are great. Enjoy your new baby!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Great choice! I tried the Wilson magazines (47D I think) and my Kimber did not like them. I had multiple FTE issues. With the KimPro mags I've had zero issues. I'm not knocking the Wilsons. They are great if they work with your gun. They just did not communicate with my CDP. Try the Wilsons if you want to, but if the KimPros are working don't fix it.
    Rick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links