I just can't talk myself into changing

This is a discussion on I just can't talk myself into changing within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've tried, but I can't talk myself into changing from my Mil-Spec as my daily carry! I have a Kimber Ultra Carry...I mean this this ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just can't talk myself into changing

I've tried, but I can't talk myself into changing from my Mil-Spec as my daily carry! I have a Kimber Ultra Carry...I mean this this is designed to be carried right....doesn't matter....can't stay away from the Mil-Spec. I've thought of going to the XDm too....I have one, shots well, high capacity...doesn't matter. I guess I'm just a plain old meat and potatoes kinda guy. No bells, no whistles, just consistency and 100% trust. Why fight it.

2. Remove Ads

Don't fix it if it ain't broke

What? You want someone else to talk you into it? It won't be me, so keep searching. Sorry I couldn't help out this time.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Don't fight it, just go with your gut.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

whatever works...sounds like you've got one that does...

i'd vote for the XDm assuming you can actually find enough 9mm hp for 19+1 and 2 19 rnder back ups lol but a mil spec it simply beautiful. It will be the next on my list. I want a springer gi actually with the small sights and all. Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by TGC View Post
    I've tried, but I can't talk myself into changing from my Mil-Spec as my daily carry! I have a Kimber Ultra Carry...I mean this this is designed to be carried right....doesn't matter....can't stay away from the Mil-Spec. I've thought of going to the XDm too....I have one, shots well, high capacity...doesn't matter. I guess I'm just a plain old meat and potatoes kinda guy. No bells, no whistles, just consistency and 100% trust. Why fight it.
    I totally understand you. My daily carry is a Kimber Pro Carry 4" and my duty gun is an XD..... I feel so much more comfortable with my O-Frame but I practice more with an XD 45.... Logic would dictate that I should carry an XD since I shoot it more for practice... but..... I still feel way more comfortable with my Kimber....

Quote Originally Posted by Delcorbett View Post
    i'd vote for the XDm assuming you can actually find enough 9mm hp for 19+1 and 2 19 rnder back ups lol but a mil spec it simply beautiful. It will be the next on my list. I want a springer gi actually with the small sights and all. Perfect
    I have actually figured out how to find my ammo. I have and Academy Sports down the street from where I work. I know the days their shipments come in and I make a swing by there as early as possible on those days. So far so good. My stock pile of ammo is back to a decent size again.

I live my Kimbers and they have been good to me, but I would never try to talk someone into a firearm they didn't choose on their own.

Stay armed...you pick it out...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    Don't fight it, just go with your gut.
    Mike
    Exactly...why carry something you're not as comfortable with?
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Quote Originally Posted by TGC View Post
    I know what you mean, I picked up a Springfield EMP and its a great
    CCW, but my G26 is still my primary carry gun.
    As you said 100% trust,why fight it.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Dont change... I'd carry carry a mil spec If I had one! Hopefully soon
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    It's not like you're carrying a .22 or something. You have a defense-grade gun that you are willing to carry. You don't need to change
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Make one your big safe o gun's go to piece (XDm) and the other a nice lil night stand piece. think about lil 1911, with a spare mag and a maglite 3 D cell LED light. should fit snug in a drawer night stand or even a gunvault safe.

Keep carrying the milspec man, thats one you are more then likely to need in a bad spot, and if you trust it more then the other pieces, well...
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ACT 235 Certified #45700

I know how you feel. Just today I broke out my Mil Spec 1911. Loaded up a couple mags, and off we went. It was like shaking hands with an old friend.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links