Sig P250

Sig P250

This is a discussion on Sig P250 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; what is yalls opinion on the Sig P250 i just seen a advertisement on tv...

Thread: Sig P250

Sig P250

what is yalls opinion on the Sig P250 i just seen a advertisement on tv
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod012889 View Post
    I guess they don't advertise in NJ

Loooooong trigger pull. Interesting idea though.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

I shot one about 3 months ago when looking for a new pistol. It felt great in my hand and it shot well. My only gripe.......Just as jualdeaux just said above.... the trigger pull feels so long.

Other then that it's a good idea as far as being able to swap out the frame and all that for different hand sizes. I'd say just go to a range and rent one and try it out. I haven't read any long term reviews of the gun so i can't say for sure how the polymer frame is and all that. Might have to search for that one. Good luck!

(BTW: I shot a glock 27 and a glock 21SF that day at the range.....ended up buying the glock 27)
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

I think it is a great idea, but its hard to get the different frames ect.

I carry one as my EDC. Like everybody else said, it has a long trigger pull; having said that, it shoots really nice. It's easy to clean too since you can pull out the trigger control group when you field strip the gun.

i caught the advertisement towards the end they said something about it being a 9mm, 357 Sig, 40, and 45 ACP,.
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

i caught the advertisement towards the end they said something about it being a 9mm, 357 Sig, 40, and 45 ACP,.
    That's correct. They have two body types in each size; one that will fit the 9mm, 357, and 40, and the other one that will fit the 45. I have the compact size in 9mm. I think they have sub-compact, compact, and full size.

VIP Member

SigP250

There is really nothing not to like about the SigP250.
    Mine is a 9mm Compact. 15 +1 double stack mags. Both the pistol
    and the mags are reasonably priced. I also have a .40 slide and mags. Nearly as expensive as the pistol but possible with this technology. Swiss design but made in U.S.A.

I know of no other gun that is easier to take down, clean and reassemble.

You can see a short video clip about this pistol if you visit sigsauer.com
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I think it's a great idea, but it would be better if it came with two or more frames. You know, you buy it with a full size frame, and it also comes with a compact frame. It's make the whole 'transformer' thing more realistic. Every time I've seen one in a store, the store doesn't stock extra slides and grips.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think it's a great idea, but it would be better if it came with two or more frames. You know, you buy it with a full size frame, and it also comes with a compact frame. It's make the whole 'transformer' thing more realistic. Every time I've seen one in a store, the store doesn't stock extra slides and grips.
    The Transformer idea is valid to a point. You will not find any dealer that is going to sell you an auto for the price of two for one price.

What the Sig P250 does is allow you is the option. The slides are the Stainless steel precision parts of the pistol. The rest of the gun is a polmer frame. I would suggest you try a Sig P250 in 9mm or .40. Buy one or the other. You will probably never switch.
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

I'm looking at the P250 as an option for next year, but needing a "Primary" and a BUG I may stick with a Glock 23/27 combo.

I like the fact that the trigger pull is consistant for each shot, but don't like the reports that they are long. Long is OK in a revolver, IMO, but I much prefer a Hi Power or 1911 trigger pull in my autoloaders. Of course the Glock doesn't give me that either, but it isn't too bad with a 3.5# Connector and a NY1 Trigger.

Biker

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I'm looking at the P250 as an option for next year, but needing a "Primary" and a BUG I may stick with a Glock 23/27 combo.

I like the fact that the trigger pull is consistant for each shot, but don't like the reports that they are long. Long is OK in a revolver, IMO, but I much prefer a Hi Power or 1911 trigger pull in my autoloaders. Of course the Glock doesn't give me that either, but it isn't too bad with a 3.5# Connector and a NY1 Trigger.

Biker
    What is nice about the Sig P250 is that there is an option for a short trigger.

This pistol is standard issue to what what was formerly known as Black Water Security. I don't recall what they changed their name to.
    - Zen Saying

The conversion cost is way too much to be reasonable, mine as well get a whole new one for $100 more.

I love it. I've had a p226 .40 since 2002, but after shooting my friend's p250c 9mm, I've decided to make the switch, for CCW.
    It started out as a hobby, then it became a lifestyle, now it's an obsession. Anyone know of good 12 step program?

Sponsored Links