M&P 45c, Glock 36, etc...

This is a discussion on M&P 45c, Glock 36, etc... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, I am looking for a new ccw piece and have decided that I want a .45, I have always used 9's in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey guys, I am looking for a new ccw piece and have decided that I want a .45, I have always used 9's in the past but have decided to go with a bigger bullet. I would also like a compact/subcompact model.

I have decided that I do not want a 1911 subcompact of any kind mainly because my personal preference is to not have an exposed hammer that can get snagged on the draw.

What I have found that might suit my needs are the Glock 36 and the M&P 45c. My local gun shop has neither so I haven't been able to actually hold either of them yet. I have tried to find the size difference between the two and couldn't get anywhere. From the looks, the M&P seems to be quite bigger all around than the G36.

Does anybody have any info comparing the size and concealability of the two?

Are there any other hammerless .45 compact/subcompact firearms that I should also look at before making my decision?
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Ahhhh, the Glock-36...I have one, and it is a mighty fine CCW.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I wish I could be more help, but I've never handled the M&Pc .45.

I can say that I've got a GLOCK 36. It is my EDC. I dress business casual, shirt tucked in. I carry it in a deep concealment shoulder holster, seen here:
    Deep Concealment Shoulder Holster

It's the size of an officer's size 1911 with none of the horns. The recoil is manageable, and the gun is more accurate than I am. I hold 4" groups at fifty feet with it.

I fondled a M&Pc .40 a few weeks ago. It was nice but it didn't feel as good as my GLOCK in my hand. That's all I can say about it.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

average Joe

Take a look at average Joe's reviews.Average Joe's Handgun Reviews

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    The 36 is my personal CCW. I think so much of them; it is the only firearm I have two of until recently. I gave one of them to my son and it is now his CCW.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Quote Originally Posted by ckfarris View Post
    Hey guys, I am looking for a new ccw piece and have decided that I want a .45, I have always used 9's in the past but have decided to go with a bigger bullet. I would also like a compact/subcompact model.

I have decided that I do not want a 1911 subcompact of any kind mainly because my personal preference is to not have an exposed hammer that can get snagged on the draw.

What I have found that might suit my needs are the Glock 36 and the M&P 45c. My local gun shop has neither so I haven't been able to actually hold either of them yet. I have tried to find the size difference between the two and couldn't get anywhere. From the looks, the M&P seems to be quite bigger all around than the G36.

Does anybody have any info comparing the size and concealability of the two?

Are there any other hammerless .45 compact/subcompact firearms that I should also look at before making my decision?
    I went the other way and changed to 9MM because I shoot it better
    but I've owned a G36 and I think its a great gun , so it gets my vote!
    Hey its a Glock ,can't go wrong there.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

i just recently bought a G36 and it will likely compete with the PPS for carry quite often!

i really like it.

edit: im sure the M&P is a great weapon as well. no hate here.

G 36 is my EDC as well.

My G36 in a HBE IWB holster.
    Nothing begins, and nothing ends, That is not paid with moan; For we are born in others pain And perish in our own.

I carry a M&P45c,It shoots great and comes with three palm swells for different hand sizes,conceals well,In the South Texas Heat there isn't any issues with corrosion from sweat,I carry in a crossbreed supertuck
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

My vote:

My EDC. I carry it OWB in a Glock Sport Combat holster made for their large frame models. (G30,21,29,20) So far the holster hasn't burst into flames from having a S&W in it.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

I dont really know about the size difference but i do know i love glocks. Thats what i would go with.

cmb
    I heard nothing but great reviews of the G36, glock also makes a SF, small/slim frame in some models. Two others I have read several favorable reviews on is the XD and the Taurus PT145.

BTW, I have never ahd a snag in all of my practice, tucked and not with 1911, I wouldn't let that deter me. The price point is a bigger "snag" pun intended b/c the kimber sis etc... would buy the glock the xd and nearly the Taurus... takes longer to save for...

happy hunting...

I have a G36, it was my first Glock...I traded it off at one point, regretted it, got it back and will never make that mistake again!

That's not the only reason I'll recommend it, though; to me, the M&P .45's trigger just feels...gritty. Definitely a heavier pull. Not as crisp as a Glock trigger.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

The Glock 36 just seems to fit me right -- I can shoot it better than any other 45 I've tried with less than a 4 inch barrel.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    I took a month before I decided to go with my Springfield XD .45 Compact. It is literally 2 guns in 1 with the extra 13 rd mag and spacer.
    Proud NRA member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links