New Glock 36 plus extras

This is a discussion on New Glock 36 plus extras within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday I had asked for opinions on the Glock 36 as compared to a M&P 45c. I was looking for a .45 compact CCW and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Glock 36 plus extras

New Glock 36 plus extras

Yesterday I had asked for opinions on the Glock 36 as compared to a M&P 45c. I was looking for a .45 compact CCW and had those two in mind. Problem was, my local gun shop never seemed to have either so I hadn't actually played with one.

Well this morning I decided to head up to the gun shop just to "look around". It definately must have been my lucky day becasue they just yesterday had a guy trade in his Glock 36. Not only that, he also traded an extra 7 glock factory magazines, CompTac undercover pro IWB holster, and a double magazine pouch. The total price for everything was marked $569.

I looked over the G36 pretty well and it looked practically brand new. No wear marks at all and the rails even still had some of the bronze grease that the factory puts on them.

This gun shop knows me pretty well and has always been pro-law enforcement. When I told them that I was interested in the G36, they said I could have the whole package for $450 plus tax. Needless to say I snatched it up pretty quickly. I will be heading to the range this afternoon. Here are a few pics of my purchase.
    Attached Images
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

2. Remove Ads

B52
    You got a really good deal, congrats!

VIP Member
    Great job on that!

I firmly believe there are days when the star line up just right and were in the right place at the right time. You know that package wasn't going to last very long, even at the original price.

Congratulations!
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Nice purchase.

I think you'll be quite pleased with the G36.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper

There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

cmb
    great deal, that's one of those you go hungry for a couple of days to walk out with... the way prices are right now that's awesome! congrats and enjoy.

Good deal! Enjoy that Glock.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Do they have your name, because I think you 'robbed' them...

Great deal IMHO...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Congratulations. Great deal on a very nice Glock
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

Great deal, Congrats!!!!

Distinguished Member
    Keep it loaded, you just robbed them. I bought 1 for $350 from a co worker, but it wasn't in the shape yours is and it didn't have all the extras that you got. You were definitely in the right place at the right time.

Administrator
    Buy a slug plug for it. Best few bucks you'll ever spend on your 36 if you don't already have one.
    I has an early older one installed. Now there are a few different styles that I know nothing about.
    Go to ebay and just type Glock 36 plug into the search box and you'll see a few different styles.
    SCHERER CAVITY SLUG PLUG FOR GLOCK 36 - NEW IN BOX!! - eBay (item 330350038686 end time Sep-03-09 1935 PDT)

nice catch!

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Buy a slug plug for it. Best few bucks you'll ever spend on your 36 if you don't already have one.
    I has an early older one installed. Now there are a few different styles that I know nothing about.
    Go to ebay and just type Glock 36 plug into the search box and you'll see a few different styles.
    SCHERER CAVITY SLUG PLUG FOR GLOCK 36 - NEW IN BOX!! - eBay (item 330350038686 end time Sep-03-09 1935 PDT)
    What does this plug do for me exactly?
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Great Buy
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Administrator
    It completes a proper profile of the gun and for me it makes the grip feel more proper and does not add anything to the length of the butt.
    They just push right in without the need for tools or modifications to the frame and are removable.
    If they were expensive then it would be something that I would not bother with but, for $5.00 - it's a worthwhile little minor addition.
    Just my opinion on that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links