24/7 oss

24/7 oss

This is a discussion on 24/7 oss within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for a decently priced, full size .45 auto and the OSS has really caught my eye. Have only handled at gun shop, really like ...

Thread: 24/7 oss

24/7 oss

Looking for a decently priced, full size .45 auto and the OSS has really caught my eye. Have only handled at gun shop, really like the feel. Haven't shot one tho, anybody here have any expeirence? Did a search before posting, most recent thread was July '07.
    Concerned about weapon light compatability and ease of finding good holsters. The only two things I didn't look at before buying the P99 .40. I really like it, very happy with it, but wouldn't have bought it had I known. Don't want to repeat that mistake. Oh yeah, gonna be polymer whichever way I go & min. 5" bbl, hi-cap.

cmb
    only seen photos, pt145 is suppossed to be a great gun but I don't know anything else about Taurus' autos...

could look XD, Glock, FNH

In fact I thought hard on an XD 5" barrel with the comapct grip, allows for smaller capacity mag 10 rds I think and/or the larger 13 I think...

the fnh supposedly hides 14 (15 with base pad) well...

I would also maybe look at the full size M&P 45. Polymer frame with interchangeable grips for a better fit
    ‘‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’ — James Earl Jones, Actor

Had a mid size Glock, great weapon, jsut want something different.
    My hand and the XD don't get along. Can't explain it, just doesn't feel right.
    The M&P is an option for me too. Just like the looks of the Taurus better, however form ALWAYS follows function in my book.

Links