Handgun Reliability Poll - Glock

This is a discussion on Handgun Reliability Poll - Glock within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; THis past weekend at the range with my Glock 27. Probaby had put 30 or so rounds through it this trip and then it happened ...

View Poll Results: Have you experienced a malfunction with any Glock?

Voters
231. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

162 70.13%
  • Once

34 14.72%
  • Twice

7 3.03%
  • Three times or more

28 12.12%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Handgun Reliability Poll - Glock

THis past weekend at the range with my Glock 27. Probaby had put 30 or so rounds through it this trip and then it happened - FTF failure to feed. I only had to slightly rack the slide back and let go and it would load the next round. this happened another two dozen times. I was hoping it was a mag or ammo issue - but no such luck. I took it home and broke it down for a very extensive cleaning. Now waiting to get back out for some comfort rounds through.

Never had my G23, G27 or G21 ever done this. Even being very dirty they ate the ammo with no problem. I never thought I would doubt a Glock.

2. Remove Ads

G30 was pretty good. Few FTF in throughout but it happens. I miss it.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I had a failure FTE on my mother 19 once, I cleared it and moved on, never really thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by randyc74 View Post
    I have a Glock 23 with a LWD 9mm. conversion barrel. Never malfunctioned with either the OEM or Conversion barrel. I also have a Glock 34 that only malfunctioned once (during a USPSA match) This was due to a reloaded high primer, my fault.
    Right, since Glock states in their manual not to use reloads or lead bullets, I would not count a malfunction caused by them. That would be an "ammo" issue and not a "gun" issue. It would also be an "operator" issue, as in "failure to follow written instructions."

In thousands of rounds through my G19 and 26 combined, my only failure was years ago with Winchester WinClean ammo - in jammed in my G19. This was during the AWB era of "civilian" 10-rd mags. I called Glock the next day, they sent me some free redesigned mag followers, and not a single issue since. So, I voted "once."
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I've owned my Glock 26 for about 3 weeks now and have put about 500 rounds through it without any problem. This past Wednesday I fired 150 rounds and the gun performed wonderfully. It was dead-on accurate. I cleaned it as usual and went to the range yesterday. Out of the blue I had a failure to feed (double feed) and a failure to eject (stovepipe). I have to admit, my concentration was off - my accuracy or lack of demonstrated that to me. So I might have contributed to the situation. I used the exact ammo that I fired since day one and don't believe it to be a factor. Checking the gun upon cleaning found nothing wrong. Who knows! Just a bad day?
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Quote Originally Posted by diverdown247 View Post
    That said, I do know the G23 has had some well documented issues when fired with a tactical light mounted to the rail. Frame flexation is blamed for the problem and there seems to be no cure for the problem, once it starts it just gets worse.
    Didn't that issue disappear if the light was either removed or replaced with a Glock light? That's what I've seen regarding the tac light, have no personal experience with that for myself.

kpw
    Not in mine but I've witnessed others have them. I rate them pretty high on the list of very reliable, along with a few others. Most malfuctions I've seen were shooter induced but I can say that for a couple other brands as well.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Only problems I have ever had with my Glock's were ammo related problems.

I own the following..
    G-27 .40 my backup weapon
    G-30 .45 ACP
    G-26 9mm my alternate backup
    G-33 .357 sig
    Kimber Ultra CDP 2
    Sam Andrews Macdaniel 2 holster
    Sam Andrews Monarch Rig
    Glock 27 backup weapon
    S&W 642 .38 airweight
    NRA member

B52
    Never, but my wife did have one with our G-26 due to limp wrist.

never, but only about 200-300 rnds so far on my g26.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    One G22 gave me quite a bit of drama until I replaced the magazine springs with heavier Wolff springs. These were NEW magazines, and a new pistol.

Another G22 ran fine, for three years and thousands of rounds, until I fed it 180-grain ammo for the first time, and the slide started locking open with rounds still in the mag. An easy fix, of course.

I bought a pre-owned G29, which malfed every few shots, until I tossed out the garbage installed by the previous owner, and installed a FACTORY recoil spring assembly. Then, it ran fine.

Bottom line: Glock engineered their recoil assemblies well. Leave them in place. Check your pistol with every bullet weight you may be using. Shoot your gun enough to discover its faults!

I currently own (2) G30SF's and 1-G21SF, with a little over 2500 rounds thru the G21 and about 2200 rounds thru both of the G30's.
    I have not experienced a single malf of any kind with any of these 3 guns. Obviously my vote was never, and that's in over a yr and half of owning these handguns. Good luck and always stay safe.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

Kinda new to the Glock thing. About 200 rds through a G19 and no problems so far.

BTW, the one I rented at the range that sold me on the G19 reportedly had 100K rds through it. Per the range officer. Springs replaced, and Glock replaced the slide for free when it cracked. Still went bang and felt good enough for me to buy my own.

Next handgun will most likely be a G26.

G27, trust my life with it. Same with my 1911 Springer.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I didn't vote. I've owned a bunch of different Glocks.

I've had a couple of unexplained jams, replacing the magazine spring solved it, but it felt like it still had plenty of tension.

The only real problems I had were back in the 90's. I had a Glock 17 with the +2 magazine extension, after much use they would not lock the slide open anymore. Obvious fix. I do not use magazine extensions on any magazine anymore.

I had a Glock 21 that was very reliable for several thousand rounds, then it started jamming with reloads; factory ammo still ran fine. That gun likely just needed new springs.

I consider Glocks to be very reliable.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links