9mm For Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on 9mm For Concealed Carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well your probably going to get 100 different guns mentioned to you, so I'll add mine to the list. CZ75 P-01....

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 9mm For Concealed Carry

VIP Member
    Well your probably going to get 100 different guns mentioned to you, so I'll add mine to the list. CZ75 P-01.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    That's a tuffy, currently carrying a Smith 3913 in a HBE Com III, but have carried a Kahr Mk-9, Glock 19, Colt 1911 and Smith M&P. Really like the weight, size and reliability of the 3913.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

G19 is what I carry when I'm not carrying the G23. Other good option would be the G26, but I don't have one of those...yet.

I have both an XD9 Service and a Kahr MK9 that I carry regularly. Both are terrific carry pieces. The XD spends most of it's time with me IWB, but when the weather gets just too damn sticky, I'll reach for the Kahr in a Nemisis pocket holster and be good to go. There are so many good 9mm firearms out there for CCW that it would be a shame to pick just one. Shoot a bunch and find one that YOU feel fits you the best and then go from there.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

S&W Sigma 9VE: reliable, concealable, and with its current price NIB you won't cry if you lose it.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Love my XD 9sc. That said, there are many fine 9's to choose from and shopping for one can be a lot of fun. Try to handle as many as you can and shoot some as well.

Get the one that works best for you and don't get side tracked by the make/model wars.
    NRA Life Member

Smile 9mm for concealed carry.

Glock 26 was just purchased for the wife.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bauptown View Post
    How about some comments on the best and most popular 9mm for Concealed Carry. Thanks, Have Kel-tec 380 and want more umph.
    It's a wise choice to step up to a more reliable self-defense cartridge like the 9mm.

If you like small, check out the Kahr PM9.

If you want something a little bigger, but still very concealable, take a look at the Springfield XD Subcompact.
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    i would say a G19
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Sig P239 (DA/SA) is my choice for a 9mm CC. I prefer the DA first shot (instead of a Glock SA or 1911 style SA) and then the nice follow-up SA shots.

Takes practice to be able to fire that fire shot reliably, but that's IDPA, USPSA and SCSA are for!

Then again, I'm just a Sig guy -- own a bunch of them.

Quote Originally Posted by rodc13 View Post
    I'm old school, myself. A single-action kind of guy. When I carry a 9, it's a Browning Hi-Power. 16 rounds of tack-driving accuracy and altogether reliable. Definitely not a lightweight, but very comfortable to shoot and fast on the follow-up shots. When I carry one of my BHPs, it's in a Com III from HBE, which conceals and supports quite well.

Very nice.

I only own one 9mm, and it's a Glock 19.

My P35's are of the .40 caliber variety. If I absolutely had to carry a nine it would either be the Glock or a P35.

Biker

I carry my Glock 19 and Browning High Power interchangeably.

jwr
    I carry a Taurus Millennium PRO PT111, both OC and CC. Very comfortable and reliable. 12+1 capacity.

CCW

Carry Kahr PM9 in Done Hume IWB clip on. Very concealable. +/- OK for pocket carry in Nemesis but depends on cut of pants and size of pocket. Springfield XD9 Subcompact is nice gun but a bit thick, as are most double stacks I have used, for IWB but does fine in on belt holster. I use flush mag and carry extended mag in pocket.

i have a Glock 19 and love it. its small enough to conceal in shorts and a t-shirt, but big enough to be easily controlled.

-spoz
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."-Thomas Jefferson

G19

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links