9mm For Concealed Carry

This is a discussion on 9mm For Concealed Carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How about some comments on the best and most popular 9mm for Concealed Carry. Thanks, Have Kel-tec 380 and want more umph....

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 9mm For Concealed Carry

9mm For Concealed Carry

How about some comments on the best and most popular 9mm for Concealed Carry. Thanks, Have Kel-tec 380 and want more umph.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Well, I can't say enough good things about the Sig P239 (the DAK is a personal fave.)
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bauptown View Post
    How about some comments on the best and most popular 9mm for Concealed Carry. Thanks, Have Kel-tec 380 and want more umph.
    My opinion? G19 or G26 are best overall in this category. Pretty concealable, super reliable and easy to use. But, some folks don't like Glocks and they will give you another opinion...
    Toorop and Walden like this.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

I very fond of my XD9 subcompact...I personally don't like the way the glocks feel and can't hit nothin' with them point shooting, but they are very reliable. It's perfectly reliable...that said, I understand there may be nicer guns...I'd like to try out a sig..I've heard nothin but good about 'em.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

I have a Walther PPS in 9mm and a Para-USA PDA in 9mm. Both are great handguns.
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Kahr MP9. Shoots great, easy to conceal IWB or for some folks pocket carry

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    My opinion? G19 or G26 are best overall in this category. Pretty concealable, super reliable and easy to use. But, some folks don't like Glocks and they will give you another opinion...
    +1 for the G26 or G19. I own both and I absolutely love them. As far as the XD vs Glock thing, it's like Chevy vs Ford. They are both fine handguns and it ultimately comes down to your personal preference. I own Glocks, but I'm sure I'll probably buy a Sig, XD, and a M&P at some point. Variety is the spice of life!

I have a sig 226 that I love, I am wanting to get a smaller caliber one to carry as well, my friend has the Colt mustang 380 possibly as a back up, there are so so many different size and model 9mm out there, that could be a chore itself just trying to make a decision

You will get so many suggestions here that you will probably just get confused. My suggestion is to go to you favorite gun supplier and handle all you can get your hands on. If you are lucky and they have a range, maybe you can fire some of the selections you like. You can also spend some time at your firing range and talk with the shooters there. I have never gone up to someone at my range that was not delighted to show me their pistols and tell me all the pros & cons about them. Most of them will be glad to let you fire them. Although with the price and availability of ammo, it may be a good idea to offer to pay for the ammo. I will also throw my personal favorite 9mm in...the Springfield EMP is great.
    sid1 and stevez like this.
    SA 1911 9mm, Ruger LCP, EMP9, M&P45, LWRC 6.8SCP

Semper Fi...

G19 and Kahr PM9

Not the most popular by far, but I really like my Kahr CW9. It has 7 + 1 capacity, and is easily concealable while still being easy to handle and shoot. Mine has been flawless and more than accurate enough for self defense from 15 yds. I'd like to try a Glock 23 and a S&W M&P, but neither will be as concealable as my Kahr.
    " In theory, reality and theory are the same. In reality, they are not."

GLOCK G23, KAHR CW9, RUGER LCP, TAURUS PT92, TAURUS 689, MOSSY 500

NRA member

There are many top shelf 9mm that are ideal for CC. You need to choose the one that fits your needs, not someone else's, and make the purchase. Those that are serious about CC seldom get it right with the first gun and holster purchase, you are constantly trying different combos to find the perfect match for you and your life style. I like the G19 and am currently looking for a clean used one in my area. I just picked up the Holy Grail of 9mm , the Sig P228, (The Fed Gun) it is a awesome firearm. I like the Bianchi Carry loc holsters, they work for me. For amm I highly recommend the Speer Gold Dots.
    Good Luck
    NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

For size, you can't really beat the Khar PM9. If you like the Khar and need a better price, the Khar CW9 is slightly larger and usually a couple hundred dollars cheaper. Also these guns are +P rated, so you can get even more umph out of your 9mm.

If you like something with more safety features, my favorite is the Springfield XD Subcompact 9. Trigger safety like the Glock and a grip safety like the 1911, and you don't have to train to turn off the safety because they are both automatically engaged by gripping the gun properly. The XD is +P rated and can also fire the hard to find +P+ for the biggest umph you can get out of a 9mm.

There are plenty of nice 9mm handguns in the higher price ranges, but honestly these are my favorite options.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

A Glock G26 is easy to conceal and a 10+1 mag. Great Pistol.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Here is a list of my CCWs in 9MM

listed rated on concealablity
    (1) Kel tec PF9
    (2) Kahr CW9
    (3) Glock G26
    (4) Springfeild EMP
    (9) S&W M&P9C

Listed rated on price
    (1) Kel tec PF9
    (2) Kahr CW9
    (3) Glock G26
    (4) S&W M&P9C
    (5) Springfeild EMP

Listed rated on reliability when purchased and scored lower
    on the amount of work needed to make them 100% by me
    or the factory.
    (please note all are now 100%)
    (1) Glock G26 (100%out of the box)
    (2) S&W M&P9C (100%out of the box)
    (3) Kel tec PF9 (100%out of the box)
    (4) Kahr CW9 (Dropped mags.when fired)
    (5) Springfeild EMP (Failure to feed,slide locked back when firing)

I think the Glock G26 is the best overall in the group
    Hope this helps
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links