Help me buy another gun

Help me buy another gun

This is a discussion on Help me buy another gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted a “range gun” that I can shoot that won’t break the bank, Any rate I went into my local GM to see what ...

Thread: Help me buy another gun

Help me buy another gun

I wanted a “range gun” that I can shoot that won’t break the bank, Any rate I went into my local GM to see what they might have, and found a older model Ruger SP 101 3” with target sights for $350.00 the next day it was gone oh well!

So I looked at the XD 3” 9mm for $545.00 and the Ruger LCR (NOT lcp) for the same price $545.00.

But in my mind I already committed to “purchase” well over the $350.00 and by no means either of these guns considered “range guns”, and I know it might sound crazy but I was not looking for another carry gun or a bug but decided to go with the LCR and put a deposit down, and left with buyers remorse.

Please help, I can change or purchase something else in the $500.00 range.
    Also I was hoping my wife would like to CC someday but last night she told me she won't CC.

Short and sweet Ruger LCR or XD 9mm 3”
    Last edited by eldorado; August 8th, 2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: spelling

I have been curious to try the LCR if you get one let us know how it is!
    Kimber Ultra CDP 2
    Sam Andrews Macdaniel 2 holster
    Sam Andrews Monarch Rig
    Glock 27 backup weapon
    S&W 642 .38 airweight
    NRA member

You have some good choices...I have all of the ones you mentioned.

to be honest, the XD9 is awesome. Absolutely flawless, dead reliable, one of my favorite pistols...only problem is for carry (at least on my frame) it's a little harder to conceal because its so thick. It has been retired to night stand duty, and the LCP goes with me 80% of the time, because of it's size. It's too easy to carry.

I don't think you'll regret the LCR though. It is definitely more concealable than the XD9 IMO. It also has a really smooth trigger, nice action, and the 38 +P is an awesome round. I simply choose to carry my LCP or PPS because of their compactness/slimness.

also, that is too much for an XD. I was just at the gunshop yesterday. $449 on sale. (www.shootersjax.com)
    They also have the LCP for $309 and the LCR for $389. (They are having a huge Ruger auth. factory sale right now) 150 LCP's in stock and even more LCR's!

Quote Originally Posted by TRUST8383 View Post
    You have some good choices...I have all of the ones you mentioned.

to be honest, the XD9 is awesome. Absolutely flawless, dead reliable, one of my favorite pistols...only problem is for carry (at least on my frame) it's a little harder to conceal because its so thick. It has been retired to night stand duty, and the LCP goes with me 80% of the time, because of it's size. It's too easy to carry.

I don't think you'll regret the LCR though. It is definitely more concealable than the XD9 IMO. It also has a really smooth trigger, nice action, and the 38 +P is an awesome round. I simply choose to carry my LCP or PPS because of their compactness/slimness.

also, that is too much for an XD. I was just at the gunshop yesterday. $449 on sale. (Shooters Firearms and Gun Accessories)
    They also have the LCP for $309 and the LCR for $389. (They are having a huge Ruger auth. factory sale right now) 150 LCP's in stock and even more LCR's!
    389.00 for the LCR good lord I need to make a trip!!
    Kimber Ultra CDP 2
    Sam Andrews Macdaniel 2 holster
    Sam Andrews Monarch Rig
    Glock 27 backup weapon
    S&W 642 .38 airweight
    NRA member

Sponsored Links