small town issues

This is a discussion on small town issues within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Small town newspapers love to hear about inadequacies in their local authorities....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: small town issues

Small town newspapers love to hear about inadequacies in their local authorities.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Bricktop View Post
    I am certain now I will contact the proper authorities.
    Good for you!
    Since the PD isn't interested, I would definitely let the sheriff, state police and the feds know. If you're worried about staying anonymous, use a pay phone on the opposite side of town to make the calls.
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." --Teddy Roosevelt

Another thing that you can do (albeit do descreatly) is to maintain a log of who comes and goes, when they are doing it and tag numbers of their cars. This will help the authorities when it comes to busting your neighbors and the other parties. It als increases the likelyhood that something will get done as they can take out an entire criminal organization instead of just one pusher.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Small town newspapers love to hear about inadequacies in their local authorities.
    AZ beat me to the punch. If LEO can not handle it, I would call the media/newspaper. Takes 1 call from a Reporter to sherrif/mayor "What is being done about the sale of drug out of the home at 123 main st? I bet the problem wil be handled. Congrats on getting and staying clean.

When I read the title "Small Town Issues" I was sure hoping you were dealing with a less-significant issue. Obviously, you're NOT! Don't under-estimate the danger or rationalize yourself being too paranoid. You're NOT! And don't quit ringing the alarm because you think you're making too much ruckus, you're NOT! The future (and very lives) of you & your neighbors depend on your continued action. Be safe. Good Luck!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Bricktop, let me add my congratulations on your 6 years. As was recently posted, you're definitely not in the wrong to be concerned. You NEED to be concerned. I'll also second using the state police / media in your town. If the local LE hasn't acted yet, this would probably get them started. Keep your eyes open and your family safe.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

VIP Member

For Bricktop

Quote Originally Posted by Bricktop View Post
    Acually getting my permit to carry help me stay clean and out of bars.The last few years of my addiction I hated it.I got proper treatment and moved on. I love this life with my family and hard work. I love being straight and armed.I havent broke the law since I have carried.I will never lose my right to carry for anything.
    O.K. Since you have a legal license to carry, you must at some point have had contact with your sheriff, as in Iowa issuance is at the discretion of the sheriff. Have you talked to the sheriff who issued your license? You already have a relationship with him. He knows you. He knows your community's situation and probably knows your neighbors.

Unless he is in on the game, or you suspect him of covering, he would be the one I'd go to first.

All of you guys have made me feel better about doing what needs to be done,Thank You!

smn
    If you have a video camera handy, set it up for time lapse or for the times there is increased activity. Meth houses smell which should give the police PC for a raid. Video won't lie... and you can provide it to the news agency when the police choose to ignore your neighbor's nasty meth lab.

On the flip side, the police may be assembling a drug raid team and will do a dynamic entry tomorrow at 5am.

One tactic that can be used, (typically by the police), is to inform the mortgage holder (the bank) that meth is being cooked or sold in the house they own. This threatens the insurance of the house. If the insurance company discovers the illegal activity, they'll drop the policy, no mortgage company will allow people to remain in a house while it's uninsured; they'd lose their investment. Find a way to make this happen and you'll likely get these people moved on their way.

Does that make sense?

Best Regards,
    Ensiferum

That makes total sense.

I found out today that Oklahoma has a state narcotics division. I work at a school here and our substance abuse counselor informed me of this. So I bet Iowa has one too and that is where I would go. I'm sure they would let u be anomous.

Across the street from my mom's house, when she lived in St. Louis, there was a lot of drug activity. People would pull up to that house, get out of their car, walk to the front door while pulling out their wallets! It was so obvious and we were so frustrated. Then one day a SWAT team descended upon that house and people went to jail. I hope the same thing happens in your case before something really bad happens. I guess the police wait until they have enough evidence?

By the way BrickTop, your avatar is awesome. Tom Hanks shooting his .45 at an approaching German tank, shows true fighting spirit, he's almost defeated, but never quits. Alas, the true warrior spirit...

Thanks for the private messages, bricktop.

The folks I know on that street said they know the house....loud cycle and pickup blast off from there all the time, right?

You'd think a methhead would want to be a bit quiet to stay under the radar, but who said they were smart, eh?!

Sounds like you have your life on track; we're proud to have you as an armed law-abiding citizen....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links