small town issues

This is a discussion on small town issues within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What you need to do is call the police department and get the number for either a detective or the local drug task force and ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: small town issues

What you need to do is call the police department and get the number for either a detective or the local drug task force and call them to take care of it.

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ensiferum View Post
    One tactic that can be used, (typically by the police), is to inform the mortgage holder (the bank) that meth is being cooked or sold in the house they own. This threatens the insurance of the house. If the insurance company discovers the illegal activity, they'll drop the policy, no mortgage company will allow people to remain in a house while it's uninsured; they'd lose their investment. Find a way to make this happen and you'll likely get these people moved on their way.

Does that make sense?

Best Regards,
    Ensiferum
    Makes perfect sense, and does work... although it can be slow going at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Irontoad View Post
    I found out today that Oklahoma has a state narcotics division. I work at a school here and our substance abuse counselor informed me of this. So I bet Iowa has one too and that is where I would go. I'm sure they would let u be anomous.
    Iowa does, they have a huge meth problem, mainly due to the easy access of ingredients and wide open spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones129 View Post
    What you need to do is call the police department and get the number for either a detective or the local drug task force and call them to take care of it.
    Don't beat up the local police to bad. Often times, they simply don't have the resources to deal with these issues. The cookers know this and that is why they are where they are. And whose to say there already isnt an investigation going on? If there was, they are not going to tell you.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Bones129 View Post
    Don't just call anyone! Put your concerns in writing to your local police authority and send copies to the local district attorney, local county elected officials, the state police resonsible for patrolling your area, your local state legislators, and your local newspaper. Make sure everybody knows.

Calling means that they can just say the didn't get the call and you are dead in the water. Putting it in writing means that there is a permanent copy and distributing it also means that you have shared the problem - publicly.

As an ex user you might be attacked because public officials don't like to have their flaws made public. Be ready as you will have really stirred the pot.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Contacted the sherrif today and he is going to contact the head of our local task force.I told him the names I knew and the times. He was all ears. Hopefully something will happen soon, sometimes these things take time. I thank you all for the posts, what a great forum! Special thanks to JimmyC4 for the posts and for serving our country! God bless.

Glad to hear he was willing to listen. Hope things start to happen soon.
    Keep your eyes and ears open and stay safe.

Tracy
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

I'm a recovering meth addict,been clean 18 years,one thing you can do on the down low is take down tag numbers of cars and names of people involved if possible and then give that to the agency that wants to help.One thing that helped me get clean was NA don't know if you go,but you might give it a shot
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Bricktop View Post
    Contacted the sherrif today and he is going to contact the head of our local task force.I told him the names I knew and the times. He was all ears. Hopefully something will happen soon, sometimes these things take time. I thank you all for the posts, what a great forum! Special thanks to JimmyC4 for the posts and for serving our country! God bless.
    Stay vigilant. Even if you DO stay anonymous, they might simply assume a neighbor reported them. They might not even care which one.

I have a question for OP and other if they care to share. What made you first try Meth and/or any other drug and is the addiction is that strong? I personally never tried any sort of drug including Pot. Not judging just asking. Never had a desire.
    To mods this is off topic, wrong topic or just wrong. let me know.

Peer pressure, pot is a gateway drug. Meth is very addictive, it is something I did because I had low self esteam and I wanted to die. It gives you a sense of death.Zombified. I could be dead without killing myself.Coming off meth is horrid and all you want is to fix it.Addiction in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by dairycreek View Post
    Don't just call anyone! Put your concerns in writing to your local police authority and send copies to the local district attorney, local county elected officials, the state police resonsible for patrolling your area, your local state legislators, and your local newspaper. Make sure everybody knows.

Calling means that they can just say the didn't get the call and you are dead in the water. Putting it in writing means that there is a permanent copy and distributing it also means that you have shared the problem - publicly.

As an ex user you might be attacked because public officials don't like to have their flaws made public. Be ready as you will have really stirred the pot.
    If you go the in-writing route, make sure to put a bunch of "cc:"s at the bottom so that everybody who gets your letter knows who else got it. The mayor knows the police got it, the police knows the mayor got it, etc. They will be more likely to act if they know their superiors are aware of the situation.

I honestly think there might be a case on him anyway. One of the rummies is known as a cooker and has been in trouble for it before, surely they have been watching him and fallowing him there. I will chill out on any more action, seems he must be out of drugs the traffic stopped.As soon as it starts again I am recording everything and taking notes. Its like he knows.
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Don't beat up the local police to bad. Often times, they simply don't have the resources to deal with these issues. The cookers know this and that is why they are where they are. And whose to say there already isnt an investigation going on? If there was, they are not going to tell you.
    You're right about that. Drug dealers have discovered that small towns are safer since they usually have little in the way of Law Enforcement.

I grew up in a small town in the mountains of central Pennsylvania. When I was in high school back in the 70's "getting high" meant a couple of six packs of cheap beer. Now it's heroin, meth and crack. The local PD only has 3 full time officers and the nearest State Police barracks is a long way off. Not only are a lot of the locals using these drugs now but it's also a distribution center as it's a short drive to NYC via I-80. Of course this means that all other forms of crime have gone through the roof as well. My once peaceful little town in the mountains is now anything but.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

I honestly think there might be a case on him anyway. One of the rummies is known as a cooker and has been in trouble for it before, surely they have been watching him and fallowing him there. I will chill out on any more action, seems he must be out of drugs the traffic stopped.As soon as it starts again I am recording everything and taking notes. Its like he knows.
    Do you have a place where the wife and kids could stay for awhile? If so you might want to get them out of there until this is taken care of.

Good luck and be safe!
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. ~ Albert Einstein

Sig P229 DAK - .40 S&W
    Ruger SP101 - .357 Mag

Take care of yourself, bricktop. The folks I know on Crest recall that the address has loud bike and pickup blasting by all the time...I suppose it's the same place.

Yours is a great success story--glad you chose the right path!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

PM
    Or thr word has gotten to them that the LEOs are looking to make a case and they are laying low for a time; till the heat is off.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links