I Went To The Dark Side

This is a discussion on I Went To The Dark Side within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I now have a Glock 23 as my EDC. It's an OD Green model with Trijicon night sights. John M. Browning is probably spinning in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Went To The Dark Side

I Went To The Dark Side

I now have a Glock 23 as my EDC. It's an OD Green model with Trijicon night sights.

John M. Browning is probably spinning in his grave as I've pretty much always carried a Hi-Power or 1911 but due to an incident July 4th, I was forced to rethink my carry gun.

My concern is that if , God forbid, I had to discharge my gun, LE would probably keep it during an investigation and I wanted a handgun I could replace easily, so Glock it is.

2. Remove Ads

HAHAHAHA Mr. Browning will forgive you, Congrats on your glock! Just don't forget where your roots are :)
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    You might just have to have an explanation as you enter the Pearly Gates as John Browning sits at the left hand of God and is really good buddies with St. Peter.

that said, I'm going to have to make the same explanation. What I do is to carry a 1911 or H Power several days a month so I can say, "Who Me???"

I understand your apprehension to part with a favored firearm.

The thought has crossed my mind as well... I EDC with my favorite firearm.

You just cant hide... from the dark side.
    Glock 22 Gen 4, 27
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I may be a little presumptuous, but being the innovator and genius he was, I think JMB would be a big fan of the Glock. JMHO. Congrats the 23 is my EDC in all Business Black. I personally think a Glock should be like the old Fords...."you can have any color you want as long as its black." LOL but YMMV Congratulations
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    Now that you swapped your HP for a Glock, it will take even longer for you to meet JMB.

(couldn't resist!)
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    Now that you swapped your HP for a Glock .

I do believe that is the unforgivable sin

I understand the logic but differ with the decision. My EDC is a HK P2000sk LEM which I very much like. More than that, I trust it with my life should push come to shove. If that ever happens, I choose to have my favored EDC to save my backside, at the possible expense of LE putting it in quarantine for a bit. During that time, I will go to any other suitable handgun (a USP .45 LEM, a P7M8, or a SW model 59 or a Ruger SP101) until the P2000sk comes home to Daddy.

Congrats on the Glock. I know how you feel.

I love my Kimbers, but my Glock-36 is a great carry pistola and it's a great shooter. I usually only take the Glock out on my Harley, but is gets to go out on a regular day with me more and more.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    As long as you can shoot center... congratulations!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I too once left the one true path of righteousness and followed the false prophet from Austria, mainly for magazine capacity, but have returned like the prodigal son to the one true prophet. With a modern twist; Para-Ordnance P-14, now I have the best of both worlds. I bought it with money I inherited after mom passed, I kinda like the idea of mom protecting me, and if it sits in the police evidence locker for a while……………it’s not like I don’t have other options.

And if the investigator etches his initials on it, just think of the conversation starter when showing it to someone “OH, those initials are the cop that investigated the shooting where I killed those (X number) would be muggers”.

Thanks for the comments everyone.
    Along with the incident that happened July 4th, another reason I went to a Glock is because we own a chicken farm and being around 90,000 chickens it gets sort of dusty. Add to that climbing up on tractors, in and out of trucks, I just didn't want to keep subjecting my other handguns to those conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by kracker View Post
    Thanks for the comments everyone.
    Along with the incident that happened July 4th, another reason I went to a Glock is because we own a chicken farm and being around 90,000 chickens it gets sort of dusty. Add to that climbing up on tractors, in and out of trucks, I just didn't want to keep subjecting my other handguns to those conditions.
    This is perfect! I would feel the same way about a glock.......like having a nice truck and a work truck...who cares if the work truck gets banged up, it just needs to run,

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    kracker, I AM your father - Gaston Glock
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links