Glock Customer Service?

This is a discussion on Glock Customer Service? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 21year old G19 Anyone ever had a cracked frame?...

Thread: Glock Customer Service?

Glock Customer Service?

21year old G19
    Anyone ever had a cracked frame?

2. Remove Ads

No..but that would give me an excuse to buy a new G19.
    Glock 22 Gen 4, 27
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Out of curiosity, how many rounds would you estimate have been through it?

Quote Originally Posted by scott314 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many rounds would you estimate have been through it?
    18 or 19k unsuppressed and 1,300 thru a suppressor.
    I know many will argue that the booster on the can caused the failure but the crack happened after 360 rds of 147gr. TMJ factory ammo.I would assume that is why new model Glocks have two pins surrounding the locking block versus a single pin on the first and second generation models.I will post info when I ship it to Smnyra Ga and Glock makes contact with me about replacement.

Administrator
    I have not, but have seen others. Send it in to Glock, they will send you a new one for N/C.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Give them a call. 1-770-432-1202
    It can't hurt, and if you have documentation that you are the original owner, I would almost bet they would work something out with you. You may need to send it in, but what good is it doing you now anyway? I don't know the circumstance, and I couldn't speak from experience for replacements of this nature with the company, but I do know they are a friendly bunch and easy to speak with over the phone (they are down south in Georgia). If they spin around the issue, make sure to tell them that you're a member of one of the best and most active forums on the internet where Glock pistols are talked about daily and that you were seriously thinking about adding another to your collection until you came across this issue with your pistol you portrayed here today. Play it up and be nice, and that may very well go all the way for you. That way there would be no need in going to step #2 (which we can discuss later if you get no satisfaction the first go-round. In my opinion and best case scenario, you might come out with an older LE turn-in/refurb, and that would likely be a 3rd gen G19. Just explain everything in a broken heart sort of way to start with and if you get a reply from the other end starting with "well sir.....", then start whining a little bit and they will probably tell you to hold until they transfer you to someone else who may be better able to assist you, etc..... Just be willing to be on the phone for 15 minutes or so, and maybe catch them in the middle of the week (definitely not on a Monday or Friday), and preferably after lunch (when everyone is feeling pretty good). You may not come out with a brand new pistol (nothing lasts forever----21 years?), but you may come out with something short of buying a whole, brand new pistol. Just my opinion of course.

I'm interested in knowing how Glock C S is ?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Give them a call. 1-770-432-1202
    It can't hurt, and if you have documentation that you are the original owner, I would almost bet they would work something out with you. You may need to send it in, but what good is it doing you now anyway? I don't know the circumstance, and I couldn't speak from experience for replacements of this nature with the company, but I do know they are a friendly bunch and easy to speak with over the phone (they are down south in Georgia). If they spin around the issue, make sure to tell them that you're a member of one of the best and most active forums on the internet where Glock pistols are talked about daily and that you were seriously thinking about adding another to your collection until you came across this issue with your pistol you portrayed here today. Play it up and be nice, and that may very well go all the way for you. That way there would be no need in going to step #2 (which we can discuss later if you get no satisfaction the first go-round. In my opinion and best case scenario, you might come out with an older LE turn-in/refurb, and that would likely be a 3rd gen G19. Just explain everything in a broken heart sort of way to start with and if you get a reply from the other end starting with "well sir.....", then start whining a little bit and they will probably tell you to hold until they transfer you to someone else who may be better able to assist you, etc..... Just be willing to be on the phone for 15 minutes or so, and maybe catch them in the middle of the week (definitely not on a Monday or Friday), and preferably after lunch (when everyone is feeling pretty good). You may not come out with a brand new pistol (nothing lasts forever----21 years?), but you may come out with something short of buying a whole, brand new pistol. Just my opinion of course.
    I have spoke with Glock,frame is boxed up and ready to ship tomorrow or Wednesday.As stated in my previous post I feel the issue was the age of the frame first and second is the lack of a secondary pin surrounding the locking block.This Glock has served quite well through out the 21 years.I could not be happier!My first post was to ask if any one has delt with Glock after having a cracked frame.I have never seen a Glock frame crack until it happened to me.Thanks for your input!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hablutzel View Post
    I have spoke with Glock,frame is boxed up and ready to ship tomorrow or Wednesday.As stated in my previous post I feel the issue was the age of the frame first and second is the lack of a secondary pin surrounding the locking block.This Glock has served quite well through out the 21 years.I could not be happier!My first post was to ask if any one has delt with Glock after having a cracked frame.I have never seen a Glock frame crack until it happened to me.Thanks for your input!!
    Cool! You're already a step ahead then! Awesome! I know it will work out for you. Personally, I haven't heard of many cracked frames other than those that have exploded during firing (ha...ha....the KB's, and all the Glock haters know what I'm talking about). Let us know how it all turns out for you and I've subscribed to this thread for that purpose alone....so please post your Glock experience here!

I will post some info after they have the frame in hand.During my first phone call they stated that if the crack is as bad as I described it that it will have to be replaced with a new frame.The suppressor manufacturer was also interested how Glock would handle this.He has a Model19 as old as mine and has put many thousands more rounds thru his G19 with a suppressor,so I know the can did not cause this damage.I have only ran 1,300 rounds suppressed.More thru my HK USP T .45 suppressed and it has not craked or failed.

There have been few to several reports of Glock frames cracking. It ranges all model and generations. Same is true of every firearm type. Same old that everyone states.

I just wanted to add that beyond the obvious use, age, etc. issue, I think how the Glock is stored matters.

One thing I've read about polymer framed pistols that I can't state as fact, but I believe, is that drastic changes in temperature over the course of time will weaken them.

For example, leaving the firearm in a car overnight during the winter then warming up the car (and maybe the glove box gets very warm). Over time, this could cause an issue.

I don't know if that is off topic or not, just sharing.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

sounds like you've gotten taken care of thus far, i Too and interested in how Glock will fix this situation.

as a new glock owner I'd like to know what i can expect if something happens to mine similar to this. after that many years..wow..that is refreshing! makes me feel like mines gonna hold up!

good luck bud, i am definitely going to frequent this thread to watch for updates!

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    There have been few to several reports of Glock frames cracking. It ranges all model and generations. Same is true of every firearm type. Same old that everyone states.

I just wanted to add that beyond the obvious use, age, etc. issue, I think how the Glock is stored matters.

One thing I've read about polymer framed pistols that I can't state as fact, but I believe, is that drastic changes in temperature over the course of time will weaken them.

For example, leaving the firearm in a car overnight during the winter then warming up the car (and maybe the glove box gets very warm). Over time, this could cause an issue.

I don't know if that is off topic or not, just sharing.
    In my opinion....it's a warm body that keeps them in shape. Love will get you through the hardest of times. Love your Glock and keep it next to your side, and have no fear.

My only issue with either of my Glocks (19 and a 26) was with my 19 many years back, during the AWB era of "civilian" 10-rd mags. I had a few jams with Winchester WinClean ammo. I called Glock tech support the next day, and they sent me some redesigned mag followers for FREE. Problem solved. Not another since, in many years and thousands of rounds. Their service gets an "A" from me!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Links