I think I want a P6/225

I think I want a P6/225

This is a discussion on I think I want a P6/225 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello folks, I have been reading other internet posts, articles and over hearing on the range how awesome this little gem , the P6/225, can ...

Thread: I think I want a P6/225

I think I want a P6/225

Hello folks,

I have been reading other internet posts, articles and over hearing on the range how awesome this little gem , the P6/225, can be.

One really great article - A Critical Look at the SIG

Bang for the buck pretty much sums up this little pistola. I have never held one. But I think I really want one. Single-stack guns have a nice feel to me. One thing I need to know - How finicky are they with HP defensive rounds. Is there any ammo they don't like, etc..

So where is the best place to look for one of these little guys? Is there anything else i need to need to know if i find one?

Thanks for any info

Stav.
    Come to the Darkside. We have Cookies.

There are a lot of P6's around - although not as cheap as when they were first imported. These are West German Police trade-ins. Most have been carried a lot and shot a little. There may be an issue with P6's and hollowpoints. But, likewise, I've heard of a number of people that have them and have no problem feeding HP's. The civilian version - the P225 - commands more money and, supposedly, has no issues with HP's or any other ammo. Visual differentiation can be made by the hammer. P6's have a hooked hammer that was supposed to indicate to the department armorer if the gun had been dropped on the hammer (closes the loop), so they check for internal damage. P225's do not have this. Expect to pay $375 to $450 for P6's and $500+ for P225's. They are wonderful guns.

HTH

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I have one it's a good little shooter,but would not feed hollowpoints until I did some work on the feed ramp,It shoots anything I feed it now,but unless you know what your doing,other than polishing the ramp you need to take it to a gunsmith.I believe the later models were more likely to feed hollowpoints.
    As far as the loop on the hammer I was told it was to place a tie thru for the guns being transported in cars to be able to tell if the gun had been used,if the numbered tie was broken or missing ,you got some splainin to do Lucy
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The P6 was my first handgun and the begining of a well documented signess.

This is still one of my favorite Sig's, second only to my P220.

I have never had a misfire with either JHP or FMJ after several thousand rounds.

Not mine, NO afiliation, appears to be a smokin deal.
    THR

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I have one and love it. Shoots anything I feed it.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

I got a 225 for my girlfriend. It's a great gun. However, at the inflated prices they command these days, you'd probably be better off buying a used P226 or P228. I saw a P226 with scuffed finish at the gun store for about $400 the other day. Would have bought it if I wasn't a broke student...

I just got a p6. It is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Keep watching gunbroker, there are still good deals on them. I have $345 in mine with shipping and transfer.

JT
    P6 with original case, 2 mags and a holster for $395

http://www.summitgunbroker.com/Sig_P6_.html

Summit gunbroker is top notch. I bought a P229 from him based on recommendations from sigforum.com, and was very pleased with his service.

I don't know if that's the best price out there, but on the plus side he does have them in stock and is a reputable dealer.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I'm also a fan of single stack 9mm and have two P6s that I love. The prices aren't cheap as mentioned but I still feel they are worth the asking prices. I bought one from Summit and can highly recommend them as a quality vendor. My Summit gun went right to the range and performed flawlessly. I also bought a "beater" on gunbroker that I plan to have refinished. If you plan to pour some money into modifications and customization you will quickly approach the cost of a used 228/229. This doesn't bother me as in the end I'll have a customized version of a gun that fits me like a glove.

Newer models are said to be less finicky with hollow points but older models can be made to perform well by performing some work on the feed ramp.

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks guys.. I am checking out summitgunbroker right now.
    Come to the Darkside. We have Cookies.

Sponsored Links