Shot my 1903 Colt 32 ACP!!!

This is a discussion on Shot my 1903 Colt 32 ACP!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to the farm today to get some things done and took the 1903 Colt along... this thing is steadily amazing me...it is becoming my ...

Went to the farm today to get some things done and took the 1903 Colt along... this thing is steadily amazing me...it is becoming my favorite pistol to shoot... I have shot 100 rds thru it not a single hiccup...and it was made in 1920.... I took a 15 year old kid that lives across the road from me with me today and he has never shot a pistol before... he had a coke can dancing...(he saved the can...thought it was kinda cool to teach another kid how to shoot).. this won't ever be my EDC...but I am confident enough to use it as a house gun....or carry with me on the UTV...it is surprisingly accurate..once you get used to the sights... just thought I would pass this on..THanks Robbie

Thank you for spreading the joy of the world of shooting with a future generation! We should all try and do this as much as possible, Thank you for your Time, And Commitment to the youth!
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

He's a great kid.. always willing to help me do what needs to be done...feed cows, I have a Dixie Chopper and he loves to mow... I plan on taking him deer hunting this year at the farm...this will be the last year he can hunt in the youth season...his dad got killed 5 years ago and his stepdad is away at the Police academy so I plan on doing more with him...he was very safe with the pistol...he's not new to firearms..hes killed several deer...but nobody has ever taken the time to teach him about handguns...got his moms blessing before I did this... he hit the can on his fourth shot..at 15 yards offhand...I know guys that have shot pistols before that can't do that well... the cool part is that he listened to me...I would tell him how to make a sight correction and he would do it... thanks Robbie

Shooting a classic like that is like watching a great old movie. You can appreciate the design and craftsmanship that was done in an age before computer aided design and space-age polymers. And it's something that bridges the gap between the then and now.

Kudos to you, Southarkrob, for keeping that old piece in good working order, so you can share it as something other than a display case oddity. When that young man goes on to acquire and shoot more modern handguns, he can share the experience of learning to shoot on a firearm that's almost 4 score years older than he is. It'll make a great story for him to pass along one day. Now, invite him over to watch Casablanca . . .
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Good on you Rob! way to go.

Most good kids grow into good men because they had a good mentor to teach them
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    We have one also. It was my wife's grandfathers pistol, and it IS a good shooter.

BTW we have the grandfathers CC permit that was issued long ago in California.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

JT
    How about some pictures of your classic firearm?
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

VIP Member
    Great fun shooting old firearms! +1 on taking the kid along, kudos to you.

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Another JMB classic!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Sure would like to see your Colt. Thanks for the sharing your experience.

There really was life before polymer.

Here are pictures of Robbie's 1903 Colt .32. Enjoy

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us..............Medic68

Thanks Medic... I appreciate it... I call it my "pimp gun".... this lil pistol is in great shape other than somebody got too happy with the buffer when they refinished it... internals look brand new.... never have seen any grips like this before... thanks Robbie

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Surplus arms magazine has a nice article on the 1900

I've had the Colt Model 1908 - same gun as the 1903, but in .380ACP - for over 30 years. It was my first gun and I still love to run it. The previous owner re-blued it, so no collector value. It's a shooter!
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Links