M-1934 Beretta Info

This is a discussion on M-1934 Beretta Info within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A couple of years ago my Father-in-Law, a WW2 vet surprised me by revealing he had an old pistol he'd taken from an Italian POW ...

Thread: M-1934 Beretta Info

M-1934 Beretta Info

A couple of years ago my Father-in-Law, a WW2 vet surprised me by revealing he had an old pistol he'd taken from an Italian POW during the war. He was in his middle 80's and had no further use for the gun so he gave it to me. It's a Beretta M-1934, .380 pistol that was manufactured in 1936 according to the seriel number listed on the Beretta website. Apparently Beretta has kept records of all the guns they made to date. Anyway, it's in very good shape and appears mechanically sound as it's been stored in an oil rag and closed box for about 60 years. I did fire it a few years ago without any difficulty. There is some holster wear and the grip screws are a bit chewed up but otherwise it's in great shape. I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there that might have an idea what value the gun might hold to a collector? I also have the orginal holster but it's been cut down by the POW to make drawing the gun easier.
    Attached Images
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

2. Remove Ads

That is the weapon used to kill Mahatma Gandhi. As a Beretta fan, and a .380 devotee, I know a lot about that piece. Don't own one though, they are fairly rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardet65 View Post
    A couple of years ago my Father-in-Law, a WW2 vet surprised me by revealing he had an old pistol he'd taken from an Italian POW during the war. He was in his middle 80's and had no further use for the gun so he gave it to me. It's a Beretta M-1934, .380 pistol that was manufactured in 1936 according to the seriel number listed on the Beretta website. Apparently Beretta has kept records of all the guns they made to date. Anyway, it's in very good shape and appears mechanically sound as it's been stored in an oil rag and closed box for about 60 years. I did fire it a few years ago without any difficulty. There is some holster wear and the grip screws are a bit chewed up but otherwise it's in great shape. I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there that might have an idea what value the gun might hold to a collector? I also have the orginal holster but it's been cut down by the POW to make drawing the gun easier.
    The 1932 model, I believe was Beretta's first medium frame pistol in .380 followed by the 1934 model, before that the model 1931 were .32 caliber.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Oh I love WW2 era guns. You are very lucky.

I'm a big dork so my first thought was hey thats the gun used by one of the main characters in the anime Noir. Don't ask what i think when i see a Jericho 941 .

Links