Sig C3

This is a discussion on Sig C3 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does the SIG C3 have any relationship to the P 2XX series of SIGS? I want to find a holster for this pistol, but SIG ...

Thread: Sig C3

Sig C3

Does the SIG C3 have any relationship to the P 2XX series of SIGS? I want to find a holster for this pistol, but SIG C3 is never listed on any site.
    Glocks 19 & 26 in 9mm
    Sig C3 in .45 ACP
    Beretta M9
    Mossberg 500A 12 gage
    Benelli Montefeltrow 20 gage
    NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    From my understanding the C3 is a officer size 1911. 4.25" barrel with shortened grip. A holster designed for an officer size Colt should fit it without a problem

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Archer's right, that it's a compact 1911 style pistol. The thing to be careful of, though, is that SIG put their own touches on the slide contours for their 1911 design. At least, I know they did on the full-sized GSRs, so I am assuming that is true for the C3, as well.

For the 5" models, the rule of thumb seems to be that leather holsters for 1911s will fit the GSRs because there is a bit more give; kydex holsters will not in general fit unless they are specific to the SIG design. The C3 does not seem to have a rail, so you need not worry about that detail at least...

I'd say find a leather holster maker who will let you return if you have problems and try an officer sized 1911 holster.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

No archer is not right. the holster needs to be designed for a Commander sized pistol

Quote Originally Posted by ranburr View Post
    No archer is not right. the holster needs to be designed for a Commander sized pistol
    +1

The top end is Commander size - that is what goes in the holster. The frame is Officer's size, which is what makes these ideal carry guns.

If you have found one at a shop, grab it. If you anticipate ordering it, be aware that I have been waiting six months for an RCS (same as a C3, but dehorned in the custom shop). Not saying you'll have to wait too - since hopefully they'll be doing a production run soon, but with Sig, you can never tell.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Links