New PF9 with Crimson Trace Compared to My P3AT

This is a discussion on New PF9 with Crimson Trace Compared to My P3AT within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my new Kel-Tec PF9 with Crimson Trace today. My initial impression is quite favorable. The gun seems to be better made and finished ...

Thread: New PF9 with Crimson Trace Compared to My P3AT

I got my new Kel-Tec PF9 with Crimson Trace today. My initial impression is quite favorable. The gun seems to be better made and finished than I was expecting considering so many seem to scoff at them. It's no Khar or Sig in many respects, but then again, neither was the price. I got the gun new in the box with Crimson Trace and mag extension shipped to my FFL for about $450. That's less than most guns alone! It will serve its role for me if it shoots well and is reliable. As a primary concealed carry gun it is a nice choice. I Obviously it is a bigger gun than my P3AT with Arma Laser.

I have the mag extensions on both guns. I have large palm but smaller fingers. As such, the mag extension gives me a much better feel in hand. I can say without the extension the PF9 feels like it might be a tad tricky to shoot considering the light weight and higher caliber depending on ammo.

I took a photo of the P3AT on top of the PF9 showing the approximate size difference between the two guns. Per the specs everyone has seen a thousand times, the PF9 is slightly heavier but not so much as to change how I intend to carry. You can see the lenght difference and height difference. Width is .10" thicker on the PF9.

I have been carrying my P3AT front pocket. I intend to do the same with the PF9 for the time being due to my southern location and typical clothing.

The P3AT is in a specially made DeSantis pocket holster that came free of charge with my Arma Laser. The PF9 is pictured in a size 4 Blackhawk holster that found at Bass Pro Shops. I really like it. The texture makes it hold in the pocket very well. In addition, it has some sort of "anti-slip" like band that runs around it. You can see it in the picture. I also think it hides the print of the gun a little better than the DeSantis on the P3AT.

I am hoping to get to the range in the next couple of days to put the PF9 through a box or two. I'll report back then. If you have specific questions about anything please feel free to post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New PF9 with Crimson Trace Compared to My P3AT-img_1088.jpg  

New PF9 with Crimson Trace Compared to My P3AT-img_1091.jpg  

New PF9 with Crimson Trace Compared to My P3AT-img_1094.jpg  

New PF9 with Crimson Trace Compared to My P3AT-img_1093.jpg  

Sponsored Links