Glock 30 mag capacity?

Glock 30 mag capacity?

This is a discussion on Glock 30 mag capacity? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got a G30. Have the 2 mags it came with plus 2 more. All are 10 round mags, NOT 9, but I can't get ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Glock 30 mag capacity?

Just got a G30. Have the 2 mags it came with plus 2 more. All are 10 round mags, NOT 9, but I can't get more than 9 in them. Do I need to replace the springs with Wolff springs, or just load them with 9 and let them sit for a couple of weeks? I took them apart, cleaned them, they work fine except for the capacity.

It's tough, but it can be done. After loading 9 rounds in them, just slap the bottom of the magazine a few times in the palm of your other hand. It helps to use the factory Glock magazine loading tool, and you can force number ten in without loosing any skin off your fingers. Usually once you've loaded the full ten rounds in these, it gets easier every time. If you need any extra Glock OEM floor plates for your mags, let me know. I have five of them since I traded my previous G30 and magazines with the Pearce grip bases went with it.
    I still have a lot of Glock stuff I can't use laying around in my parts bins I'll trade for or just send somebody in dire need.

kpw
    Get tougher thumbs! Just joking, a lot of people have a hard time loading the 10th round. I inherited plumber hands from my dad and grandad.

Ram Rod gave you good advice. Should work for ya.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

I use the Maglula UpLula and it makes loading up that 10th round into 30SF mags 10x easier. Best $25 handgun accessory.

YouTube - Universal Pistol Magazine Loader

Quote Originally Posted by kdydak View Post
    I use the Maglula UpLula and it makes loading up that 10th round into 30SF mags 10x easier. Best $25 handgun accessory.

YouTube - Universal Pistol Magazine Loader
    I finally bought one of these...a fantastic tool...you'll never go back to 'finger loading'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Just like having a baby, PUSH!

This is a very common question. It is VERY hard to get the 10th round in a G30 mag until they are broken in some. At first I only loaded 9 rounds in them because of fear of damaging the feed lips under the extreme pressure. They just need to be used a bit to break in. They could make the mag 1/16" longer and probably fix the issue.

They are sometimes tough but using the factory loading tool they give you I have never had a issue.
    Kimber Ultra CDP 2
    Sam Andrews Macdaniel 2 holster
    Sam Andrews Monarch Rig
    Glock 27 backup weapon
    S&W 642 .38 airweight
    NRA member

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    I simply load 9 rounds into mine.

Load the mags to full capacity or 9 if that's all you can get and put them up for a few days. This will soften the tension on the springs and make them easier to load.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I finally bought one of these...a fantastic tool...you'll never go back to 'finger loading'.
    You mean there are folks who don't use one? :)

I bought mine when they first came out and never looked back.
    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. - Robert A. Heinlein

Thanks for all of the tips and advice. I do have and use a Maglula UpLula, but #10 still feels like somethings gonna break, so I stop at 9.

I think I've got it resolved now. Just did a search on e'bay and I ordered (second day air) two heavy duty thumbs I didn't pay attention, but I hope it's one each left and right, and not two lefts

Seriously, thanks everyone.

Simple, load 9 in the primary and then use a Glock M21 mag as the spare and load 12 or 13 if it's already broken in. If you really use the full primary mag you're GONNA need the spare. It will balance out...
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Two M30s, Neither Takes Full Mag...

Even if I do take a "hammer" and pound-in that tenth round, the mags will not lock into the handguns with the slide forward. I have to load slide-open and then release (slingshot by hand) and then the slide goes to-battery. So much for the advertised 10 round capacity. NOTE: I can literally press my upper body weight onto the gun and the full mag WILL click-in, HOWEVER, I can just feel the incredible tension on the PLASTIC mag release - yeah, you don't want to rely on THIS situation for self-defense! NOTE II: As an experiment, I took the spring out of a factory Glock 9-Round mag and put it into the "10 Round" shell. It held 10 rounds easier and also felt like it was locking-in w. slide forward as it should. I hand-cycled all rounds with no problem but did not actually try the functioning at the range. Now-a-days, who can find or afford the ammo? Yep - we got CHANGE alright! By the Way, Uncle Mikes Size 16 Sidekick is an awesome holster for the M30.

I experienced the same issue as CATduke. I can get the 10th round in but it won't seat properly with the slide forward. Like Exsoldier mentioned, I just carry a 13 round G21 mag as a spare. 9+1 and another 13 of Federal 185gr +P .45 ACP is good enough for me.

I usually carry my G27 off-duty, but the G30 gets to go out sometimes too.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links