EAA Zastava EZ

EAA Zastava EZ

This is a discussion on EAA Zastava EZ within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone have a EAA Zastava EZ? I am interested in this gun but am put off by the fact that there isn't a wide ...

Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: EAA Zastava EZ

  1. #1
    Member Array maddy345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pikeville, NC
    Posts
    490

    EAA Zastava EZ

    Does anyone have a EAA Zastava EZ? I am interested in this gun but am put off by the fact that there isn't a wide variety of accessories and holsters for it. It LOOKS a lot like a Sig P229..... I wonder if they can use the same holster?

    Anyone know of the compatability of this gun and any others?

    Might be a fun CHEAP gun to have and to shoot and not worry about getting it scratched or beaten up.

    If all you are going to say is spend a little more and get the Sig please save yourself the typing time.


    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ


  2. #2
    Member Array rathos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    here
    Posts
    425
    They got rave reviews a few months back in Handgunner. I held one and it felt pretty good, but I didn't like the decocker/slide release. Its in a position that I would most likely ride when shooting.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

    — George Mason

  3. #3
    VIP Member
    Array archer51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    21,856
    I read a review on them when they first came on the market. Basically its a knock off on the CZ75 P-01. I'd spend a little extra and get the CZ, it's a proven reliable gun, by a company that is going to stand behind it.

  4. #4
    Member Array Cartman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Fort Lauderdale
    Posts
    286
    Buy one for the sake of the blonde in the mag adds. We want her to continue her fine work on all our behalfs.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

  5. #5
    Member Array ranburr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I read a review on them when they first came on the market. Basically its a knock off on the CZ75 P-01. I'd spend a little extra and get the CZ, it's a proven reliable gun, by a company that is going to stand behind it.
    It is nothing like a CZ. It does closely follow a Sig. I've shot one and thought it was probably a good deal for the money, if it held up over the long haul. Matt Mink (of the CZ shooting team), told me about getting beat in a match by a Serbian using one.

  6. #6
    New Member Array exdemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    1

    Cool EAA Zastava 9mm

    I purchased mine through Bud's Guns about a year ago for $300 with (2) 15 round mags and free shipping.

    I have since put over a 1000 rounds through it, with out even a single jam. (Wally World ammo)

    I absolutely love mine. IMO - It is built to last and is surprisingly accurate.

    I would highly recommend anyone in the market for a full size 9mm take a serious look at the Zastava before buying anything else.

    While the Sig maybe little more accurate I have lost track of how many jams I had at the range over the last year.

    All I can say is if I hear someone breaking into my house, I'm reaching for the Zastava not the Sig.

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,577
    "I wonder if they can use the same holster?"

    Can anybody answer the OPs holster question?

  8. #8
    Member Array maddy345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pikeville, NC
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by exdemo View Post
    I purchased mine through Bud's Guns about a year ago for $300 with (2) 15 round mags and free shipping.

    I have since put over a 1000 rounds through it, with out even a single jam. (Wally World ammo)

    I absolutely love mine. IMO - It is built to last and is surprisingly accurate.

    I would highly recommend anyone in the market for a full size 9mm take a serious look at the Zastava before buying anything else.

    While the Sig maybe little more accurate I have lost track of how many jams I had at the range over the last year.

    All I can say is if I hear someone breaking into my house, I'm reaching for the Zastava not the Sig.
    Sorry your P229 left a sour taste in your mouth. Mine has been 100%. Its an Elite model born in 2006 and eats anything I feed it.

    The P229 has a great reputation for reliability. You should call Sig and see what they can do about it for you.


    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  9. #9
    Member Array maddy345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pikeville, NC
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    "I wonder if they can use the same holster?"

    Can anybody answer the OPs holster question?
    I took my Milt Sparks VMII (for the P229) to the LGS to try it out and it was way too loose for the Zastava.......So I answered my own question


    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Holster for Zastava EZ9, CZ99, CZ999
    By 120mm in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 4th, 2010, 02:05 AM
  2. Zastava M88? Any idea?
    By Delcorbett in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: March 25th, 2009, 11:43 PM

Search tags for this page

eaa ez9 review
,
eaa zastava ez
,
eaa zastava ez 9mm review
,
eaa zastava ez review
,

eaa zastava review

,
ez9 review
,
zastava ez
,
zastava ez carry
,

zastava ez review

,
zastava ez/m88
,
zastava ez9 holster
,

zastava ez9 review

Click on a term to search for related topics.