which handgun maker has best customer service?

This is a discussion on which handgun maker has best customer service? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; interested in hearing your experience with the customer service dept.of your favorite handgun maker,good,bad or indifferent?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: which handgun maker has best customer service?

which handgun maker has best customer service?

interested in hearing your experience with the customer service dept.of your favorite handgun maker,good,bad or indifferent?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Seecamp. To be honest, I haven't needed much from any of the others though to be a good judge.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    In my personal experience Springfield Armory has the best customer service. Their service is fast, and solves the problem.
    However, I have had also excellent service from Kahr, and Kel Tec. I have no complaints from S&W.

If I had to pick the worst ones it would be Kimber and Taurus. They try, but have not corrected the problems fast and completely.

Regards,
    Jerry

Best customer service and support? I don't know. I haven't ever had to use customer support for any of my pistols. As far as customer service and post sales support, I think Glock does an excellent job. Free calendars, tech support questions, hand your pistol to a Glock armorer at one of the GSSF's nationwide matches scheduled each year to get it inspected or replace parts, etc. Now how many manufacturers actually get out in the field and sponsor shooting events? Glock....now that's customer support!

I had a terrible time with S&W about a month ago. It wasn't a repair or anything like that, just placed a small order for parts and couldn't get a straight answer for the life of me.

Email = slow to no response
    Phone = Automated system that usually ended up transfering me to voice mail after about 20 minutes or when I did get through to a real person they seemed like they couldn't get off the phone quick enough.

I finally just gave up and called to cancel the order. The guy said he'd check on it after his lunch. Called back later that day and said it shipped.

I dread ever having to deal with them directly again.

Sorry, I know they usually have a good reputation, which is part of the reason I own so many of their products, but that was my experience.

Ram Rod....Glock gives a free calendar???? How do I score one?

Springfield has outstanding customer service. The only reason I say that is because they are up to date with all the aftermarket parts for their guns. I dont ask the person making the part, I ask Springfield!

I've only had experience with 4. Of those, only 3 required returning the entire gun. Of those 3, I'd honestly have to rate Ruger as the best.
    1st. Ruger LCP -- returned on recall (Ruger's dime) and received gun back in 6 days.

2nd. Sig 239 -- Had some machine marks on the slide. Returned on Sig's dime. Quick turnaround (don't remember exactly but in the 10 day range) and they installed rear night sights at no charge for my trouble. I'd rank them first except that they returned my pistol without marking it "Adult Signature Required" and Fed-Ex left my pistol sitting on the front porch.

3rd. USFA -- had a hand spring break. Called them and they sent one out (their dime) and had it in 3 days. Can't really rank them any better than this for just sending a part but they were courteous and fast.

4th. S&W -- Walther PPK returned on recall (their dime). What I would consider extremely poor customer service for a company of S&W's standing. Over 2 1/2 months to get the pistol returned.
    Those are my only experiences.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    In my personal experience Springfield Armory has the best customer service. Their service is fast, and solves the problem.
    However, I have had also excellent service from Kahr, and Kel Tec. I have no complaints from S&W.

If I had to pick the worst ones it would be Kimber and Taurus. They try, but have not corrected the problems fast and completely.

Regards,
    Jerry
    +1 Springfield
    "The Beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now The siren sounds first in the hearts of freedoms vanguard"- Heston
    NRA LIFE MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by mlomeli View Post
    Ram Rod....Glock gives a free calendar???? How do I score one?
    Give them a call, and be nice. Make it sound like you have the love of Glock in your voice. 1-770-432-1202
    Not sure they will have any 2009 left since it's coming up on September now. They may have something else to send you though.

Glock from what I have heard. I have also heard that HK has vastly improved their customer service as well.

The two best that I have read about or have experience with is:
    1. Kel-tec
    2. S&W
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

VIP Member
    I've had good experience with S&W even during their recent facility shut-down for maintenance. Likewise, I've had good results with HK regarding recent support and parts of my 23-year old P7! Now if I could just get Colt to deliver my new Diamondback, I'd be happy (just kidding).
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    Have only used Kimber and S&W. Was a pleasant experience every time.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Glock and Kimber.........
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links