question about a Glock 27

This is a discussion on question about a Glock 27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone here have experiance using a glock 27 with an extended magazine from another glock model? A little extra length would give my pinkie ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about a Glock 27

question about a Glock 27

Does anyone here have experiance using a glock 27 with an extended magazine from another glock model? A little extra length would give my pinkie finger something to grasp. The reason I ask is that my dealer stated that longer mags can cause jams because the pressure on the mag shifts it out of position. Has anyone had increased jams fro using longer mags?

thanks

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    My favorite for my G27:

G A P H O M E
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    +1 on the GAP floorplates. I have them for my G33 and prefer them over the Pearce extensions. I do carry a G31 15rd mag as a backup with an A&G grip adapter. I like the mag setup that way for a backup mag and range duty but prefer carrying the G33 with the GAP floorplates.

Welcome to the forum! Another Glock guy? COOL!
    Love my G27. It's the eldest of my Glock children and it has seen plenty of miles with me and at the range. The thing about the magazines? In my experience, you shouldn't have any problems using G22 or G23 mags in your G27. They all wiggle around a bit, even the ones that are made specific for your pistol......go ahead and try it with an empty magazine and wiggle the bottom around. The feel in the hand of a longer than normal magazine however is quite unnatural, and anything out of the ordinary usually takes it's toll on concentration while shooting. What I've done in the past with my G27 is use the G23 magazines with the A&G adapters and they work very well that way.....holds them very solid, and they make a smooth continuing contour for the grip. I've also shot my G27 with the G23 magazines without the adapters. It's just sort of awkward that way. Mind you....I don't or never did use the adapters for carry since that negates all the benefits of choosing the G27 for the smaller grip in the first place. On the G22 to G27 fit, you can get the A&G adapters for those as well. You shouldn't have any issues with the larger frame mags in your sub-compact anyway. So if you have a lot of G22 or G23 mags and want to use them in your G27 for range time time you shouldn't have any problems either way....after all....we're talking Glock here. If you have too many factory G23 mags...then you could send them to me and I'd trade you some G22 magazines I don't use anymore. Good luck with dispelling the myths and finding the truth.
    By the way....if you really.....really want to try out the G23 magazines in your G27 with the A&G adapter, I may have one to loan out. Just PM me and we'll make it happen.

I also have the GAP floorplates on my mags. They are worth their weight in gold. They work awsome

I tried the grip extensions but found they kind of smooshed my fingers together and after a couple of mags, it became uncomfortable and started rubbing my knuckle under the trigger guard.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    Does anyone here have experiance using a glock 27 with an extended magazine from another glock model? A little extra length would give my pinkie finger something to grasp. The reason I ask is that my dealer stated that longer mags can cause jams because the pressure on the mag shifts it out of position. Has anyone had increased jams fro using longer mags?
    thanks
    Cheaper Solution.....

mag extension

Glock Magazine Extension, Plus Two. Adds two extra rounds to your Glock magazine. For Glock 9MM, Glock 40 S&W, and Glock 357SIG. Black. Glock part number 07151.

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Personally, I dont understand why you would buy a G27 and put an extention on it. Isnt the point of the 27 to have a compact grip for concealability? If you start adding extentions on the mags, you loose that

Haven't tried the grip extensions as yet but, I purchased a Glock 26 about two months ago and fell in love. It shoots great, flawless operation and ohhhhh so accurate. I made one big mistake . . . I let my Daughter-In-Law try it. She had only acquired her ccw a month ago and had never fired a gun before receiving her permit. She was putting em in the black like she'd been shooting for years. Short story is; she now owns my G26. Now for the happy ending; I rented and fired G27 this afternoon and I am now the proud owner of a new G27 with OD receiver. I'm in love again.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    I use the XL Pearce mag extensions on my
    G27. I have rather large hands and these are what fit me the best.

I also have an A&G adapter on a G22 mag and it work fine. As Ram Rod stated it moves around a little but functions without a problem. I see your in Mo also. What part? If your around my area I would be glad to get together and let you give mine a try. I live in the Southwest corner of the State
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

1. All I can say is- you get used to it. My middle and ring finger fit on the grip and my pinky squeezes in beneath the base. It felt weird at first, but after a couple of mags, it's OK. I carry without any extension & like it. The purpose of the G27 is small and minimal & thats the way I keep it. I shoot routinely and it feels like it's supposed to feel to me.

I have used the longer mags on the G26 & 27 at the range many times. No Jams. Your dealer was incorrect or misinformed.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

I have fired my G19 mags in my G26 with no adapters and no function or comfort issues whatsoever!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

I refrained myself as long as I could, but I think most missed the important query..........
    Does anyone here have experiance using a glock 27 with an extended magazine from another glock model?
    I'm just sayin'. I don't think this is about the pinkie extensions, or the +1's. Sometime's we're not good listeners. I've been guilty of it as well.

Good point RamRod.

Yes I have experience. It doesn't feel great to shoot. The gap feels unnatural. Like I said before- no jams though.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Thanks for the quick responses. My duty weapon is a G22. The 27 will be for a concealed weapon. Since my duty weapon is a glock, I wanted another glock so that my muscle memory would not have to change.

I plan on shooting the 27 as is and hope that it feels good. If not, I will try the GAP plate as suggested. A mag from a 23 was just another option.

According to the dealer, glock recommends going up no more than one size in mags. So that means a 27 could be shot with a 23 mag. According to the dealer, and Glock? , any longer magazine will or could cause jams. The theory was that the longer the mag, the more leverage would be applied to it and the more it could move out of position. I just wondered if anybody here had found this to be true.

And thanks for the offer RamRod!

Seems like a great bunch of guys here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links