handgun maker w/best customer service-please vote

This is a discussion on handgun maker w/best customer service-please vote within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; sorry to go through this again but their was several requests to turn this into a poll please vote on which handgun maker has the ...

View Poll Results: handgun maker w/ best customer service-poll

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Glock

17 16.50%
  • Kahr

9 8.74%
  • Kel Tec

13 12.62%
  • S&W

15 14.56%
  • Ruger

13 12.62%
  • Colt

1 0.97%
  • Springfield Armory

20 19.42%
  • Sig

2 1.94%
  • HK

1 0.97%
  • Kimber

3 2.91%
  • Walther

0 0%
  • Taurus

2 1.94%
  • Beretta

1 0.97%
  • Browning

1 0.97%
  • Bersa

1 0.97%
  • SeeCamp

4 3.88%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: handgun maker w/best customer service-please vote

sorry to go through this again but their was several requests to turn this into a poll please vote on which handgun maker has the best customer service..sorry if your favorite did not make the poll,only had 16 slots...

Nek
    I noticed you didnt put CZ up there. Maybe thats a good thing as it will save them some embarassment.

Kahr was pretty awesome. Told them over the phone I had some peening adjacent to the barrel of my P9. They wanted me to send the barrel to them. I told them that this was my EDC. They sent me a new barrel free of charge without sending the the discrepant barrel. It doesn't get any better.

I will most likely get flamed but I have found Hi-Point to give the best customer service in the Industry if there is a problem they fix it no charge. It does not matter if you are the first owner or a second hand owner.
    My open carry and gun / shooting blog
    http://adventuresinopencarr.blogspot.com/

The sad part is that we use customer service when we have issues. Does 0 votes mean no issues???
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

hmmm.....I have Glocks, never had to use customer service

seriously, I've never any customer service except trying to get info on mfg date of a couple firearms I got from my dad when he died

Remington was great assisting me with info on a rifle and a shotgun, Savage was quick to reply with info also

I've never had to have one serviced
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

This poll will be totally skewed and can't possibly give accurate results. Asking this is too open ended. The number of answers one gun maker receives may be directly related to the number of members on this forum owning that brand of gun. For example, Glock, Ruger and S&W are huge manufacturers with a big following. It makes sense that they will get more votes than other brands by the sheer volume of owners alone. Brands like Kahr, SeeCamp and Kel-Tec fill smaller niche markets. SeeCamp offers a mere 3 guns, Kel-Tec only 4 as an example. S&W has dozens, if not hundreds of variations that are out there that are new or old. In addition, how many will vote based purely on the gun they own vs. ACTUAL interaction with the manufacturer due to an issue with their (the manufacturers) gun?

The only gun that I've sent in for service was my Kel Tec P3AT. I sent it in because with JHP ammo it would occasionally have a FTF. I was told to expect 4 to 6 weeks for repair. It took 11 1/2 weeks to get the gun back and numerous emails to find out what was going on with the gun. Not sure I want to go through that experience again.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

Quote Originally Posted by paul45 View Post
    The sad part is that we use customer service when we have issues. Does 0 votes mean no issues???
    Sounds reasonable enough to me. JK
    Last edited by gottabkiddin; August 21st, 2009 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Just didn't read the way I meant it to.. :)
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

RIA customer service

Although I have never needed their service, the people at Advanced Tactical, the Rock Island Armory distributors, have by far the best customer services available. This is not just to fix problems; if you want new sights installed, modifications made, or a complete remake, they do some of the best work in the industry. Oh, and if you do send in a pistol for repairs (lifetime warranty) you just might find some new sights, or at least a new magazine or two included when it comes back. Congrats to Ivan and the crew at A.T.

North American Arms and Para USA are missing from the poll.

The only guns I have that needed service were my NAA mini mag 22, and my Para Ordinance 9mm PDA. Both were fixed quickly and at no charge.
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

The worst part of the poll is that you left off the #1 service in the gun world, Wilson Combat.

Call 'em up, tell 'em you have a problem, a package shows up at your door the next day with an already paid-for return slip - drop your gun in, ship it out, and wait a few days for them to make it right. Their customer service is legendary with those who've asked for it. They even prioritize the defect weapons over getting out new ones - they will put a paying customer on hold while they fix the gun you've had to return.

Top-shelf stuff in my book.
    Billy
    Fusion Tact-5 in a Pure Kustom Black-Ops Pro
    Glock 23 in a Barber Leatherworks IWB

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I have solved all of my problems locally, with armorer/gunsmith support, or fixing it myself, except for one phone call to HK regarding a missing lock washer in a new Benelli M1 Super 90. Moreover, that was long ago, and may not be relevant now. So, based on what I have seen and heard, well, what other company not only has its own forum, but the owner himself answers questions himself on the forum, will come to the company phone in person, and has even posted his mobile phone number in the forum on multiple occasions? Seecamp, of course.

My Seecamp LWS-32 has given me no drama, but the man who stands behind it is same one who laid hands on it during production and testing, and is THE boss. Can it get any better than that?

Edited to add: Well, I did have a Knight Armament SR-15 go back for a warranty fix, but the dealer handled it, so I did not deal with CS directly. The dealer actually contacted me about what amounted to a recall of one run of rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexster View Post
    ...based on what I have seen and heard, well, what other company not only has its own forum, but the owner himself answers questions himself on the forum, will come to the company phone in person, and has even posted his mobile phone number in the forum on multiple occasions? Seecamp, of course.

My Seecamp LWS-32 has given me no drama, but the man who stands behind it is same one who laid hands on it during production and testing, and is THE boss. Can it get any better than that?
    I asked myself the same question as you, since I obtained an LWS380 but haven't had any problems with it other than locating suitable ammunition (Federal Hydra Shoks). Since that "problem" was solved as a direct result of the Seecamp website (which provided a "heads up" for me), I guess I have to give the company the credit?

I was very pleased with service from Nighthawk Custom (when I decided to replace a difficult to see front sight), but until they provide their own forum, Seecamp is #1.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links