S&W 6906 9mm Addition

This is a discussion on S&W 6906 9mm Addition within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally purchased a used S&W 6906 9mm! Several years ago I owned one but sold it. I regret that decision. However, I was able to ...

Thread: S&W 6906 9mm Addition

S&W 6906 9mm Addition

Finally purchased a used S&W 6906 9mm! Several years ago I owned one but sold it. I regret that decision. However, I was able to track one down this week. I paid $275 and in EXCELLENT condition.

My past experience with this weapon is its reliability and firepower. I have shot thousands of rounds (all types) without jams. The magazine holds 12 rounds of 9mm (preban). If anyone has access to 6906 user manual in pdf format please let me know. I guess if nothing available on the internet I will just call Smith.

My wife likes to shop at the mall, I like to buy guns!

2. Remove Ads

183 FBINA

Appreciate the link!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetpilot007 View Post
    Finally purchased a used S&W 6906 9mm! Several years ago I owned one but sold it. I regret that decision. However, I was able to track one down this week. I paid $275 and in EXCELLENT condition.

My past experience with this weapon is its reliability and firepower. I have shot thousands of rounds (all types) without jams. The magazine holds 12 rounds of 9mm (preban). If anyone has access to 6906 user manual in pdf format please let me know. I guess if nothing available on the internet I will just call Smith.

My wife likes to shop at the mall, I like to buy guns!
    Wouldn't a 24 hour gun and pizza shop be great in a mall?

I bought a 6906 from buds about a month ago it was 310.00 shipped,one thing I hated was the ridges on the decocker were sharp so I used a dremel and smoothed the edges up where they don't hurt,as far as shooting It goes bang everytime and it's small enough to CC,also the safety/decocker is pretty good,downside is mag safety
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

That's a good price.

I have one with 12-round mags also, and I use 17-round Mecgar mags for spares.

Sweet gun. Seems more like an extension of my hand than a gun. Very well balanced.

I bought one for my dad back in the spring...it is one of the best shooting 9mms that I have ever shot... a great gun for the money...my dad loves it...Robbie

I have a 6906 that I bought new way back in 1992. I have accumulated a total of 9 12 rd magazines for it from various gun shows through the years. It was my first CCW when I got my license to carry in 1996. It is still a sweet shooting pistol. My son wants to "inherit it" when he turns 21 next year and use it as his CCW after he gets his license. I'll have to think about that a little longer.
    Current handguns: Glock models 19, 22C, 23, 27, 29, & 36; Kimber Pro CDP and Polymer Custom; Kahr PM9 & CW9; S&W models 6906, 386PD, 66; Taurus 85 Ultralite Ti; Browning Buckmark;

Former handguns: S&W 4"686, 4" 620 & Sigma .380, Taurus 617 Ti, Kimber Pro Eclipse, Walther P22, Glock 30 & 33.

My 6946 was my first carry gun and one I will never sell. I have over 8k rounds through my police trade-in gun with no problems.

It is one gun I always have and still carry it every once in a while. Now go out and buy a Kel-tec P11 so you can carry two guns that both use the same mag
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    That's a good, reliable, concealable 9mm for $275. I think the original street price was between $600 to $700. Any particular reason that you want a manual?

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    That's a good price.

I have one with 12-round mags also, and I use 17-round Mecgar mags for spares.

Sweet gun. Seems more like an extension of my hand than a gun. Very well balanced.
    You told me about the Buds Gun sale Grady
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Those Smiths were(are)SWEET! Good luck with it. Call Smith for the manual and get some mags from them too.
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    My 6946 was my first carry gun and one I will never sell. I have over 8k rounds through my police trade-in gun with no problems.
    Great picture, MNBurl. I meant to tell you that last time you posted it, but life got busy and the thread got buried.

Nice looking holster, too: high ride, a good forward cant, and a sweat shield if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    Now go out and buy a Kel-tec P11 so you can carry two guns that both use the same mag
    Or another 6906. Or a 5906, and go with the larger mags.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You told me about the Buds Gun sale Grady
    Yeh, yeh, I took the blame for that one. But hey, if it helps with the wife, I'll take one for the team.

Links