Glock 23 or 27 for CC? - Page 3

Glock 23 or 27 for CC?

This is a discussion on Glock 23 or 27 for CC? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im 5 ft 6 and 150 lbs. Just returned from a weeks vacation to the beach. I carried my G23 daily in a c-tac IWB ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Im 5 ft 6 and 150 lbs. Just returned from a weeks vacation to the beach. I carried my G23 daily in a c-tac IWB hooked to a Wilderness instructor belt wearing shorts and a smaller t- shirt with no problems. I made the 6 hour drive home and never removed it from my hip. I would love to have a 27, but it would never replace my 23.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    As I stated earlier the G 27 is my EDC, so this week I bought a G 22 for a shooter at the range. If I could only afford one...the G 23 would be my choice.
    Proud NRA member

I personally prefer carrying my G27 over my G19 for the simple fact it is more concealable under a T shirt..I'm a pretty small guy so a large frame weapon sticks out on me like a malignant tumor! I shoot both my 19 and 27 equally well so that is not really an issue. I think it just boils down to personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy423 View Post
    I personally prefer carrying my G27 over my G19 for the simple fact it is more concealable under a T shirt..I'm a pretty small guy so a large frame weapon sticks out on me like a malignant tumor! I shoot both my 19 and 27 equally well so that is not really an issue. I think it just boils down to personal preference.
    Well, that's a fact if there ever was one. Thing is, I believe that holster type, holster location, and attire are all variables that can make it or break it for CC no matter what one's physical attributes may be. Where there's a will, there's a way is the phrase that comes to mind. I never figured I could conceal a G19 or G23 so easily......but I can and do. A G17......near impossible in jeans and t-shirt like I normally go. But if I was willing to make certain changes here and there.....I might. I've already worked on the impossible this summer (which seems to be coming abruptly to an end)....carrying my P220 in my MTac Minotaur. Work? Maybe.....but I carried that chunk of full sized stainless steel in 45 in just jeans and t-shirt, out in public for two whole days. Impossible for me? A Desert Eagle 50AE in jeans and t-shirt......but maybe just impossible at the moment. Give it time! You get the gist of it.

I carry a G32 in cool weather and a G33 in the summer. Both are easily concealed, although I have grown really fond of my 33.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links