Defensive Carry banner

Need help with Beretta 92FS value

12K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  WebleyHunter 
#1 ·
I have a Beretta 92FS 9mm, stock with blued finish, that has been very well maintained. There are three 10rd magazines, case, and manual. What can I expect to get for the firearm if sold to a gunshop? Also, has anybody had any luck selling on gunsamerica.com?

I would appreciate any feedback on what to expect and advice on how to maximize my return on the sale.

#2 ·
I have haeard good things about GUNSAMERICA but have not made any transactions personally through them. You won't get squat from a gunshop, remember they can get NEW wholesale. In fact you might have a tough time being happy from any straight sale.

BUT you might have much better luck in a trade at a gunshow, for something you really want. Especially if you're willing to plunk down a few bucks to sweeten the deal. I got my current favorite carry gun in a trade for a POS ParaOrdnance P10 (I told the dealer up front it was a Jam-A-Matic and he didn't care) +$100. So I got a 100% reliable and barely used Sig P245 for a song. Those kinds of deals ARE out there, but you have to hunt 'em down and be prepared to act... right then when you find the jewel.

#3 ·
You'd be lucky to find a gun shop that would offer you more than $225. Your best bet is a out right sale, or like Ex said a trade. I have never done the gunsAmerica thing, but I have bought from Gun Broker.
If you were to put that on either of those 2 sites you should be able to get $450 give or take some for it.

#4 ·
Fees and Paperwork?

Bruces45 said:
If you were to put that on either of those 2 sites you should be able to get $450 give or take some for it.
Maybe. But I could durn near get one new for $450 cash at a gun show. Still you could be correct. What kind of fees and other paperwork are you going to get hit with on those sites? What about transaction fees for shipping from the area of the seller? I can't seem to find any FFL in my area willing to do a transaction they didn't broker themselves for any fee less than $50. That's a bite for me.:nono:

#5 ·
I've never sold a gun on those sites, but I think maybe they charge a % of the sale price, or maybe its just a fixed rate, not sure. Most people want $25 to ship the gun, and like you said most FFL's recieving want some $$ also. I am lucky as I have 2 FFL's I go through that don't charge me as they are good freinds.
To be honest $25 is more than enough as I shipped a Winchester model 52 target 22 cal. that weighed 13lbs and it only cost $18 + $2 per $100 to insure it.

You would be suprised what those beretta'a bring. Check out Gunbroker
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.asp

#7 ·
How much you can get for it depends on a number of things which have changed on the model over the years.

Straight dust cover sells for more than the newer slanted.

All metal parts sell for more than the newer plastice guide rods, triggers, etc.

Italian manufactured typically sell higher than U.S.A.

SRLF is right, check out the Beretta Forum. If possible, have pics to post and be able to answer the questions I mentioned above. Many trades also go down there, so if there is something you are looking for your dream just might come true.

Good luck with your sale.

#13 ·
I hope the OP had good luck with selling his gun 14 YEARS AGO!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.