Defensive Carry banner

New gun

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  justherenow 
#1 ·
Today I decided to go out to the gunshop I like to deal with, was looking around, and almost put a .38 on lawaway, but figured I would look further into what they had. Saw the Bersa Thunder .380's and held one, they wanted 329 for them. Then looked over and there was a used one for 220, so I went ahead and put it on lawaway and HOPE to have it out next pay day. I think I made a good choice, I hope. It beats Hi-Points which I almost got a month or so ago.

Thoughts? What would be a good holster for it?

#5 ·
Nice weapon, one word of warning. Everyone I've delt with has had one oddball thing about them. They HATE ball ammo, they function flawlessly with Hollow Points, but hate standard ball ammo. Flatnose ammo works, but Hollowpoints work flawless in all the ones I've shot.

#7 ·
I have the 9 mil Bersa sub-compact. It's fun to shoot.

I carry mine in a UBG holster.

BTW, my Bersa shoots well with all ammo....except remanufactured.

#10 ·
Thanks for the comments. I got this due to price, just to get me by until tax time when I can get a decent revolver or a Glock. Money is tight, and I figured this, being just a few bucks more than the Hi Point would be a bargain.

#11 ·
I had a Bersa .380 for a short time and really liked it. It shot great and felt great in the hand. The best holster I found for it was a simple small Tagua slide holster. I ended up including the Bersa in a trade for a Warthog (which has since been traded), but I WILL get another, possibly in a 9mm this time.

#16 ·
First choice would be the Tucker Gun Leather "Cover Up". Second choice would be the Galco U.S.A. (Ultimate Second Amendment).

#18 ·
Crossbreed Holsters has one available for the Bersa Thunder .380...likely a Supertuck.

Post up a range report once you shoot it. Though I'm not a big .380 fan, I like the Bersa...think it's because it's a spin-off from the CZ-50/70 and I own a 70 in .32ACP.

Some folks think they are a bit bulky and heavy for what they shoot. Dead is dead, no matter the caliber.

#22 ·
Thanks all for the kind words, sorry for the delay in responding.

I figured this would be a good deal, a month or 2 ago, I posted I was going to get another Hi Point (had one, worked great, sold it for a profit), but decided to wait and see what else comes up. They had the Fall sale at the shop I use, and I was going to get the Taurus 85 ultralite, but decided on the Bersa to have the automatic. I will get a revolver next time I have the money I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.