Went shooting today....

This is a discussion on Went shooting today.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a friend that is new to CC and he just got a heck of a deal on a S&W 1911. He got it ...

Thread: Went shooting today....

Went shooting today....

I have a friend that is new to CC and he just got a heck of a deal on a S&W 1911. He got it from a guy getting divorced that had never shot the gun, friend gave him $500, great deal I thought. He called wanting to shoot, so I said sure, come on. As we were leaving to go over in the woods, my wife suprised me and said she would like to go shoot with us(still trying to talk her in to getting her CWP). I took my EDC G30 and the wife got her LCP. The S&W 1911 shot great, put about 150 rounds of different types of ammo in it and never a problem. The gun seemed very accurate, I shot a couple of mags and was impressed. This was the first S&W 1911 I have shot. The wife put about 75 rounds of FMJ and Corbon HP's down the little LCP and never a hiccup. I shot about 200 rounds in the G30, 230gr WWB, Rem. Golden Sabres, Wolf and some reloads. The only trouble I had was a FTF with one of the reloads. All in all a great time and the guns shot great, plus I got to shot something new. I told the friend I would give him his money back for the Smith but he wasn't having any part of that. LOL.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Can't say as I blame him, and nothing beats a good day shooting
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TJK68 View Post
    I told the friend I would give him his money back for the Smith but he wasn't having any part of that. LOL.
    I can't imagine why...
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

And so it begins....

Do you have 1911 fever yet? Love my 25 year old Springfield Milspec and just traded my GI Champion custom build for a DE .44 Mag. 1911's are great and surprisingly accurate as a stripped down model.

Good friend wanted to buy my GI Champ when I picked it up for $500, fortunately I knew he wanted to flip it to his brother for about 600-700 prior to a build. I agree, I wouldn't have parted with a nice 1911 for $500 once I had it in my hands.

Isn't a range outing fun...especially when the wife goes along to shoot...great day you had!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Links