More Glock Questions - Page 2

More Glock Questions

This is a discussion on More Glock Questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Heard it's rough on clothing as well. Course, you could take some fine sandpaper to it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Glock Questions

Heard it's rough on clothing as well. Course, you could take some fine sandpaper to it.

Quote Originally Posted by shaneotool View Post
    If you are looking for a concealed carry gun, I'd think again about getting one of those new rough frame models. Have you held one before? It would be like having a piece of sandpaper rub against you all day.
    I always wear an undershirt so I am unsure if the RTF would rub me raw. I shot the G19 and really liked it. The reason I was looking at the G23 wasn't really 9mm vs. .40, I know shot placement is key. I just thought that I should own two guns in different calibers. And since I am going into law enforcement I should get used to the .40, that is all they use around here. So G23, Sig P239, HK P2000 were my first considerations before someone threw the .45 in the mix.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Heard it's rough on clothing as well. Course, you could take some fine sandpaper to it.
    Crud, didn't see this post before I posted the last one. But if I took 220 sandpaper to it would it negate the polymids effect?

Quote Originally Posted by chains1240 View Post
    I always wear an undershirt so I am unsure if the RTF would rub me raw. I shot the G19 and really liked it. The reason I was looking at the G23 wasn't really 9mm vs. .40, I know shot placement is key. I just thought that I should own two guns in different calibers. And since I am going into law enforcement I should get used to the .40, that is all they use around here. So G23, Sig P239, HK P2000 were my first considerations before someone threw the .45 in the mix.
    I feel like if you are going into law-enforcement and will be carrying a sidearm, try to match that in your carry gun. I do realize that your duty weapon will likely be full-size, but if it is a Glock you could proabably duplicate most of the characteristics with a compact model. The more you practice with a single gun/caliber the better you'll be with it.

Good luck.

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    I feel like if you are going into law-enforcement and will be carrying a sidearm, try to match that in your carry gun. I do realize that your duty weapon will likely be full-size, but if it is a Glock you could proabably duplicate most of the characteristics with a compact model. The more you practice with a single gun/caliber the better you'll be with it.

Good luck.

Joker1
    Thank you for the input. I am going to see what most of the departments around here use. I think most use Sig 226 but the Muskegon City use Glock .40 now.

Quote Originally Posted by chains1240 View Post
    Crud, didn't see this post before I posted the last one. But if I took 220 sandpaper to it would it negate the polymids effect?
    Um, that is the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Buckeye View Post
    Um, that is the idea.
    I guess what I was saying is that if the polymids were not comfortable to the point that I would have to sand them down then why buy an RTF model?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock finger View Post
    I have 2 m 19's and I could not be happier with a gun. I have owned the m 23 and it was not as accurate as the 9mm.
    40 ammo is higher, and recoil is slightly snappier.

Some may not agree, but the power difference between the 3 major cals. is so small that, alone should not be the deciding factor.

All handguns for self defense are underpowered. Accuracy and multiple shots are the answer, IMO. Shot to shot time with 9 is slightly faster.
    I agree, but with a caveat.

The caveat being, if I can't have one of my preferred 9mm loads then I want a .40 S&W. I do agree with what Evan Marshall says, "It's hard to find a bad bullet in .40."

There is more "margin for error" with a .40 S&W round in regards to bullet selection, weight and brand. They all seem to be respectable in regards to how they work. That can't be said about the 9mm IME. There are a few select loads that work very well in 9mm, but if I can't get them I would prefer to move to a larger caliber than not.

Also, the .40 S&W or the respective .357 Sig gives you more versatility over the respective 9mm handgun of the same size. Once you own a 9mm, all you have is a 9mm. With a .40 S&W or the .357 Sig you can generally shoot three calibers out of one gun. You may need to change some parts, but that's generally pretty easy to do.

Just my $0.02.

Biker

i have a G23 and a G36. those are actually the only two glocks i own. im all about both of them.

the G23 seems to be more universally loved by its adopters and i suppose i can understand why.

its easier to shoot and its got just over twice the capacity.

still i do love my G36.

Well, everyone is different. But....I have the G19 and G23 (now)....so.....I carry the G19, and I carry the G23. I've transitioned to the G23 this week actually after extensive range time with my G23 since I traded for it a little over a month ago. Know what? I'm more accurate with my G23 than the G19, and since I've been a fan of the 40 S&W caliber for a while, I actually think the cartridge is more inherently accurate and even more so out of a Glock!

Which ever glock you choose you won't be disapointed. They are dependable weapons!
    Most people go through life wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem! Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links