More Glock Questions

This is a discussion on More Glock Questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As in another of my threads I am running into problems deciding on my next carry gun. I am growing increasingly uncomfortable owning only one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Glock Questions

Question More Glock Questions

As in another of my threads I am running into problems deciding on my next carry gun. I am growing increasingly uncomfortable owning only one pistol and I thought I had narrowed my choice down to the G23. I shot the G19 and I really liked the way it felt in my hand. I was just waiting for the G23 RTF to come out. Then I got to thinking about the felt recoil of the .45 push in relation to the snap of a .40. Looking at the G30SF and someone suggested the G36. I will be looking at all of these options and hopefully shooting a few range guns in the near future. Although this will also be a carry gun I will be shooting it at the range, so I need to consider the manners of the gun shooting it for accuracy and proficiency. Any more input from the Glock owners would be greatly appreciated.
    Kel-Tec P-11, Supertuck Deluxe, Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor's Belt

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chains1240 View Post
    As in another of my threads I am running into problems deciding on my next carry gun. I am growing increasingly uncomfortable owning only one pistol and I thought I had narrowed my choice down to the G23. I shot the G19 and I really liked the way it felt in my hand. I was just waiting for the G23 RTF to come out. Then I got to thinking about the felt recoil of the .45 push in relation to the snap of a .40. Looking at the G30SF and someone suggested the G36. I will be looking at all of these options and hopefully shooting a few range guns in the near future. Although this will also be a carry gun I will be shooting it at the range, so I need to consider the manners of the gun shooting it for accuracy and proficiency. Any more input from the Glock owners would be greatly appreciated.

I carry the G23 and it is snappy but not so much that it is hard to control.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    Any glock is a good choice.Before you know it you'll have several .That's just the way it is if you like them.My son got me started with glocks he has a 40
    and I have a17and 26.

Mod 19

I have 2 m 19's and I could not be happier with a gun. I have owned the m 23 and it was not as accurate as the 9mm.
    40 ammo is higher, and recoil is slightly snappier.

Some may not agree, but the power difference between the 3 major cals. is so small that, alone should not be the deciding factor.

All handguns for self defense are underpowered. Accuracy and multiple shots are the answer, IMO. Shot to shot time with 9 is slightly faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock finger View Post
    I have 2 m 19's and I could not be happier with a gun. I have owned the m 23 and it was not as accurate as the 9mm.
    40 ammo is higher, and recoil is slightly snappier.

Some may not agree, but the power difference between the 3 major cals. is so small that, alone should not be the deciding factor.

All handguns for self defense are underpowered. Accuracy and multiple shots are the answer, IMO. Shot to shot time with 9 is slightly faster.
    I'll buy that!
    In fact I have.
    I carry a G26 for better concealment and carry a G19 mag.
    as a back up for more firepower if I need it.
    To the OP
    I've shot/owned the G36 and the G30 and they were great but I like the G26 better.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

I have many pistols (4 Glocks) and my favorite hands down is the Glock 19..Simple to control and very accurate. It fits my hand like a glove!

i have a G19 and think its great, just big enough to be fun to shoot, yet small enough to be concealed easily. i would highly recommend the 19.

-spoz
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."-Thomas Jefferson

G19

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Glock finger in his reply wrote: All handguns for self defense are underpowered. Accuracy and multiple shots are the answer, IMO. Shot to shot time with 9 is slightly faster.
    Lately, this has been my thinking as well. I have a faster recovery time with the 9mm and even the 45 compared to the 40. The 40 had been my carry caliber; lately, it's either a 9mm Glock 19 or 45 cal Glock 36.

If you are good with a 45, I highly recommend the G36 it's my favorite carry, but, everyone Needs a Glock 19! It is a do it all SHTF gun.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

All Glocks are great pistols that work. I have a 19, 26, 30SF and a 29SF.

If you want power go for the 10MM 29SF with Double Tap ammo.. The 30SF has less snap than the 36 and is more accurate and holds 10 +1.

Nothing more can be said about the 19 and 26 because they are the so proven.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

I have to shoot a glock 19. I have my H&K P2000 but would like to have a carry gun that I can shoot 22 out of with a conversion kit.

I have two Glock 19's.

I purchased a .40 conversion setup from LoneWolf. I also purchased a .22 conversion from somewhere. I can't remember. I keep my carry gun (G19) mostly on the same frame but the other one can be 9mm, .40 or .22. It is a nice option to have.

The big difference in the 36 from the 30 is that the 36 is a single stack magazine...which means less round capacity.

You sacrifice capacity for concealability in this case. So you had better make sure you're comfortable carrying an extra magazine with the 36 or be comfortable carrying the wider model 30 and an extra mag. A backup magazine is always a necessity, a magazine failure could be the factor that gets someone injured or killed...a backup mag tranlates to the difference between life or death...one magazine failure will convince you of this (I had mine on a range thankfully).

It's give and take. Pick them up and feel them out. To me, the 36 feels skinny and boxy, the 30 felt better in my hands. You may be different and prefer the 36. Both are excellent shooters.

I have the G19 and G26. Both are excellent guns. You can't go wrong with either.
    Nick
    Glock 19 /CT Laser
    Glock 26 /CT Laser
    Kel Tec P3AT .380/CT Laser

G19-I carry it daily with Remington Golden Sabre +p's, and use it for competetion and at the range with Remington UMC (and whatever else I can feed it). A Crossbreed Supertuck with the combat cut keeps it hidden under an untucked shirt-holster is tuckable I am not. Concealable, accurate, 16 round capacity, reliable, easy to use, easy to clean-what more can you ask for?

Joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

If you are looking for a concealed carry gun, I'd think again about getting one of those new rough frame models. Have you held one before? It would be like having a piece of sandpaper rub against you all day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links