G26 vs G27 - Page 2

G26 vs G27

This is a discussion on G26 vs G27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It comes down to personal preference. I owned both. The G27 does not have significantly more recoil IMO. The difference is marginal. 9mm will be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G26 vs G27

It comes down to personal preference. I owned both. The G27 does not have significantly more recoil IMO. The difference is marginal. 9mm will be cheaper to shoot and you will have slightly more capacity. Both are adequate for SD.

My dept supplies me w/ ammo for my 23 and 27. If I had to buy the ammo on my own, I'd be carrying my 19 more often.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I have a G27. FWIW, the 27 is same size as 26 but packs a bigger whallop. 27 can become a 9mm or .357 Sig with a conversion barrel kit, 26 cannot.

I like the 27 because of its flexibility. Otherwise both are good guns.

Id get the 27. Im looking for one right now. It will match my 23.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Thanks for the advice, presently I carry the 229 in .40cal or 220 in .45acp around the house. But felt a smaller gun would get carried more often and as my wife is getting her licence, the only gun I have she seems to like is my M&P which sadly I can not get in the compact. I do like the G19, but wanted somthing smaller, i was just offered the G27 and need to make my mind up soon.

I too have been considering the 26 or the 27. I'm leaning towards the 27 since I already have the 23 and the mags will interchange. Around here .40 cal is the way to go for finding ammo. I can buy it anytime I want at wally for about $12.50 per box. I've seen 9mm in stock twice all summer. I've managed to get a decent stock of .40 so staying in that caliber seems to be my best bet. I haven't shot either of the sub compacts, but I don't find the recoil on my 23 to be a problem at all. Does anyone think the recoil is all that much different from the 23 to the 27?
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    We have both in my house 40 cal and 9mm. You can guess who has the forty
    and the old guy has the 9mm. When I want power I pull out time tested 45 acp. I'' say what the others have said why go with sub compacts ? Ionly use my
    g 26 for carry. Why don't you look at the best Glock , 17.This is the model that put them on the map.

I have a G27 that I carry in cooler weather and I love it. In the summer months I mostly carry a Kahr PM9. If you're looking for something smaller than the G27/26, check out the Kahrs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links