PF-9 went bad...

This is a discussion on PF-9 went bad... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Any manmade item can and will fail at some point, even man himself. This is why I "test" each and every firearm I carry and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PF-9 went bad...

Any manmade item can and will fail at some point, even man himself.

This is why I "test" each and every firearm I carry and expect them to fail. That's one of the reasons I carry a BUG. I myself would be sending the gun back to the manufacturer for repair.

After getting it back I would proceed to do a "break-in" procedure on it. I won't go into the whole program here, but have posted it before. Let me just say, it involves 700 - 1,000 rounds if it's an autoloader.

Biker

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Mr. Surveryor, Good rant!

Rmxer85, sounds like you've already decided to send it. I think any decent manufacturer (guns, holsters, etc.) deserves the chance to make it right. Let us know how that goes for you.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

I have had a KT .32 for 5 or 6 six years with no probs as of yet
    but have heard from other KT owners of different spring failures.
    Agree with BikerRN. Guns are machines and this gun only firing one round
    is a good example of why to always carry a backup gun.

Ape
    A big +1 to BikerRN, J Bowen and Mr Surveyor!

I've seen the most expensive and highly held quality guns fail right out of the box even. If it's mechanical, it WILL break at some point!
    I've owned and carried my PF9 for a couple of years now, with approximately 3 to 5 thousand rounds through it. I just recently replaced springs and the extractor due to FTE issue's of late. Other than that I have yet to have any problems with it or my wife's P32 or my SU16. Nor have I had any problems with any of my Hi Point range plinkers. Yet my best friend bought a NIB Para Carry that broke the ectractor on the very first mag out of the box! Do I consider Para to be junk???? No! Just a mechanical mishap that you have to expect.

cmb
    I am in agreement with Biker and Ape, any thing mechanical can fail at any time. We must be ready. KT seems to have good customer service, I am sure they will fix it. That is why I have more than one carry gun and also carry a backup. Just send EDC to maker, retreive other carry gun or old EDC and insert into holster!

Had the same problem with my P11 send it in it will come back fixed,mine almost seemed like the trigger wasn't engaging the hammer and it was slipping past
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I had a KT P32 and had to send it in twice (I no longer own it or any other KT but you didnt ask so I shouldnt have told you! :))....KT has a great warranty department that acts very timely, as Taurus did when I sent in my old 85 (I no longer own a Taurus, but again you didnt ask)....Give them a shot to repair it, and give it another 500 rounds, and if it works "flawlessly" keep it, and if not, I would recommend selling it. They do stand behind their guns, and if you are using it for another range gun (I have many myself) then no harm, no foul, a victimless crime...but if you rely upon it for SD, then please make sure it functions before depending your life on it.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I sure hate to hear about problem like this from so many people who own or owned these guns. Especially when I had been kind of thinking about getting one myself. Now kind of re-thinking that......but this is exactly one of the reasons I read sites like this one. To learn these things.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Send it back to Kel Tec they have great CS, mainly because they get a lot of practice. Buy a quality handgun is my recommendation. There are good reasons they sell at the price point they do.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Send it back to Kel-tec because they have the best customer service out there.

My PF9 has been completely reliable so don't give up on it.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

My PF-9 only has about 200+ rounds through it but it has been perfect so far.

KTOG Forum - An Error Has Occurred!

Check out Kel Tec Owner's Group.

Send it back. They supposedly have great service. Heck, they might make sure their is nothing else lurking unknown.

Ape
    Quote Originally Posted by XsYang View Post
    KTOG Forum - An Error Has Occurred!

Check out Kel Tec Owner's Group.
    Working link added. ;-)

KTOG Forum - Index

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links