Defensive Carry banner

how good is the Glock 26 for ankle carry??

14K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  theotherlis 
#1 ·
i've always been fan of ankle carry and just wondering how well the G26 would work as an ankle gun..i know the one advantage the G26 has, is it's short grip but is it just too wide and heavy to wear all day on the ankle? all opinions appreciated, thanks

#2 ·
I've never tried ankle carry with a G26, but I do own one and I think it would be a little thick and heavy to carry that way.

#4 ·
I don't like ankle carry so I am not the one to ask, seems heavy but a good rig makes all the difference in other areas also. I hope it works well for you!

#5 ·
It is a little big for ankle carry. I have tried it with a couple of the galco offerings, the renegade and the alessi/5 shot leather style. The only one that was comfortable for any period of time was the alessi/5 shot leather one. Amazing good retention for not having a retention strap.

#9 ·
It is a little big to ankle carry for me. I have carried my 27 on the ankle. It became uncomfortable after about 5 or 6 hours. I was using a Galco.

It may work for larger guys. I'm only 5'10", 170#.

#11 ·
If anyone questions it, tell them your on house arrest and its your electronic monitoring device and that if they are wanted or on parole/probation they may want to leave since the cops are surely on the way.

#15 ·
The Alessi ankle rig has been known for years as the Cadillac/Rolls royce of ankle holsters, too. I would ankle carry a G26. Its all about wardrobe choice like any gun you carry.

#17 ·
I carry my J frame in a Galco Ankle Glove with no problem. I used to carry a G27 in a Ankle Glove and then got a Bulman ankle holster. Ankle carry is very doable but a proper holster is a must for a heavier gun like yours.

I recommend the (1) Alessi ankle or (2) Bulman because they ride much better due to their more solid construction.

#20 ·
i have ankle carried my G26 but it is rather large. Let me give you a background: I am 6'4" 195 lbs. (read tall and thin). I usually dress in dress slacks for work. You can ankle carry it but it is large, bigger issue for me was being able to draw. You will bang it on things, car door sills for me, but it is doable. I don't think you will ever forget it is there. I carry it in a Uncle Mikes with the calf strap. I much preffer my LCP in an ankle rig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.