Defensive Carry banner

Glock 36 problems

11K views 20 replies 20 participants last post by  adaman04 
#1 ·
I am considering buying a Glock 36 and have heard of some problems with them in the past. Does anyone know first hand of any problems with currently made Glock 36's?
Thanks,

Kudu40

#3 ·
The issues of the early model 36's were solved apparently. Currently produced G36 pistols should be good to go. I haven't heard anything bad about current production models at all. Many of the forum members here use one for carry or own one. I've never had one, so you'd be better off hearing first hand from some of them.

#4 ·
GLock 36 no problems

I've had a G36 for about a year and have well over 1000 rounds through it without any problems. I like the gun a lot. The only thing that I can say bad about it is the "Glock 36 pinky". It will pinch your little finger between the magazine base and the grip. After a few trips to the range I got a callous and it doesn't do that anymore.

#6 ·
I have two EDC's, a Kimber Ultra CDP and a Glock-36...and it's a close race between which one I like better...:gah:...I can't believe I said that.
I love my Kimber, but that Glock-36 has such a thin grip and is so easy to conceal.
Dependability is is the Glock trademark...I've never had a singe issue with mine.

#7 ·
My EDC is a G36. From first shot to the last, there hasn't been a hickup. It lived up to the Glock reputation.

#8 ·
I've had my G36 for over 5 years now, and have yet to have a single problem.

I think the "issues", like most things on the interweb, got severely overblown.

#9 ·
Some (not all) of the earlier G36s had a problem of the mag well allowing too much front to rear movement of an inserted magazine causing sporadic jams and failures to feed.
That is no longer a problem.

#14 ·
Glock 36

I carry the Glock 36 and I love it. It carrys concealed really well and has plenty of stopping power. I have fired 1000's of rounds and not had one single problem. The grip takes a little getting comfortable with because it is shorter than most but that didn't take long and it helps with concealment. I think most of the problems people experience with the 36 is using poor quality ammo. I am cheap but when it comes to ammo I get the best I can.

#15 ·
The G36 got an (early undeserved?) reputation of being the blacksheep of the GLOCK tribe. I've heard no recent mentions of it among the poly-faithful. If it is documented as a percentage less reliable, it's like having the lowest batting average...at the All-Star Game!

#16 ·
I liked my G36 so much that I got a second one. During a range session with my son, and he shot a 5 shot group with the 36 that you could have covered with a 50 cent piece @ 11 yds. My son's look of admiration for that gun was so obvious, I gave him one of the 36s for his birthday. It is now my son's carry gun, and I wouldn't have given it to him if I did not have 100% confidence in it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.