Defensive Carry banner

glock 17 for pocket carry?

6K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  45XDCCW 
#1 ·
ive been looking around for a ccw, and am not sure what to get but i think i found my gun. is it to big to be holstered in a pocket?

#4 ·
Unless you have pockets that can fit text books and not print, I don't see that happening. The baby Glocks like the G26 and G27 are the only Glocks you'd be able to pocket carry. For me though even those are too big to fit in my pockets.

#14 ·
I agree....if your looking for pocket carry and want to stick with 9 caliber....take a look at the Kahr PM9...alittle pricey but you'll spend about the same for the Glock (which I love but not for pocket).

Since I carry a pocket gun only as a back up most of the time, I roll with the Ruger LCP...this is chambered in 380 and sometimes the Walther PPK/S....alittle heavier.

Good luck dude.

#5 ·
Welcome to the forum.
G17.....pocket carry? I don't see it happenin'. G17 is a full size pistol. I could sort of maybe picture it in the cargo pocket of BDU pants, but if you walk anywhere, it would likely beat you up around the leg pretty bad and print like a textbook as someone has already suggested.

#6 ·
what to buy???

welcome to the forum. :bier: ofcourse myself being a glockman i
would recommed a baby glock but that's me. might suggest doing
some research and also look into gunshops/ranges that rent diffrent
handguns and see what might work for you. :hand10:
most shops are really helpful as far as answering questions you have
and which gun would fit your needs. (price/caliber/ etc.) :tumbleweed:
just my $0.02 worth. good luck to ya and again welcome to D.C.
and enjoy your stay here. :bier:

#7 ·
A 17 will not fit in your pocket. Nor will any other Glock, although some of the baby Glocks might fit in a winter coat pocket.

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum…

I keep a Glock 17 at home as my home defense weapon. And I pocket carry a Glock 26. The good news is the G26 can use the G17 magazines; So that’ what I carry for my backup magazine.

While I carry the G26 all the time, I do have choices as to how. My shorts all have big pockets so most of the time I carry the G26 in a nemesis pocket holster. If we are headed out at night, or if we’re out on the Harley, and I’m warring slacks or jeans, I OWB carry at 4 O’clock and leave my shirt un-tucked or in the winter ware a light jacket.

So, to answer your question. If you’re interested in pocket carry get a G26 and a nemesis holster.

#9 ·
I'll echo what tns0038 said. I would carry a G26. You'll see in my "signature" I have a G26. I have 15 round magazines I do use on a regular basis. Thats one of the benefits of carrying glocks. The magazines within the same caliber are interchangable. Go for it!

#12 ·
G17 for pocket carry? Maybe if you're a kangaroo! Look into the G26 (sub-compact), same 9mm caliber, much smaller still may be kinda bulky for pocket carry. I carry a G19 (compact) in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB.

Joker1

#13 ·
No, way my friend. Just for the hell of it.... In the name of science. I just tried it.
It is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. :rofl: I look so retarded with it in my jean pockets. Maybe if I was Shaquille O'neil.. I could do it.

#17 ·
Are you talking about just having the muzzle of the gun in your pocket with the grip sticking out? I've seen pants designed for CC that are made that way. The problem with normal pants is stability of the muzzle.

You can certainly conceal a Glock 17 (19 may be a better choice) other ways (IWB, OWB, maybe a smartcarry) but not with pocket carry. Pocket guns are typically very small (Kahr PM9, Rodebaugh 9mm, Kel-tec P3AT, etc) and the idea is to be able to conceal it with your shirt tail in. The main advantage is you don't have to have your shirt tail out (big advantage in certain situations) and you can take the entire rig out of your pocket easily when needed.

#18 ·
it fit in my work pants pocket pretty well, my jeans pocket is a little bigger so ill try that today. and i may have held the 26 but my pinky wouldnt fit the handle. im going to go back and see if they have the correct mag with the pinky room.
thanks for the replies.

#20 ·
I guess you could pocket-carry a Barrett .50... if you're Paul Bunyan's big brother. Nope, we'd suggest another option. But welcome to The Gang!

#22 ·
If you do actually get it in your pocket, a better question is how long would it take you to get it out, should you ever have to.

#24 ·
Not a pocket carry my friend...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.