Anyone EDC a H&K P30?

Anyone EDC a H&K P30?

This is a discussion on Anyone EDC a H&K P30? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone here EDC a H&K P30? I'm looking at getting the 40 S&W version with a LEM trigger when it comes out in October. ...

Anyone EDC a H&K P30?

Does anyone here EDC a H&K P30?

I'm looking at getting the 40 S&W version with a LEM trigger when it comes out in October. I'd like to use it as both a duty gun and my concealed carry off duty. My concern is that the large grip will make it too hard to conceal.

Any thoughts?

Everything I have read and heard is Positive about the 9 mm version.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I know of one guy who carries it as his EDC and duty carry. he also shoots it in IDPA as his regular competition gun.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by kaltblitz View Post
    Does anyone here EDC a H&K P30?

I'm looking at getting the 40 S&W version with a LEM trigger when it comes out in October. I'd like to use it as both a duty gun and my concealed carry off duty. My concern is that the large grip will make it too hard to conceal.

Any thoughts?
    I have been carrying a USPc 9mm for about a year and recently purchased a p2000 b/c I like the ergonomics of the grip better. I wanted the p30 but got the p2000 b/c I could buy one used for less money and I could get the LEM trigger easier than the p30. The p2000 and p30 are very similar, so I would say go for it or maybe take a look at the p2000.

My main concern would be the "spidey-grips" (similar to those on the HK45 full-size) being too abrasive against my skin, and/or catching on cover garments...

The former can be solved w/ a "wife-beater" shirt, though... Not sure if the cover garment snagging would be a real issue or not... I know that people do it, though (cc the P30, that is)...

Nice gun...

Regards,

Bones
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

Links