Seeking Glock advice

This is a discussion on Seeking Glock advice within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Definately sounds like the ammo. I've owned several Glocks and have never had a misfire or hangfire. When my 1st Gen XD would misfire, I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seeking Glock advice

Definately sounds like the ammo. I've owned several Glocks and have never had a misfire or hangfire. When my 1st Gen XD would misfire, I tossed it into a buddy's Glock 17 and it fired right off without a problem.

2. Remove Ads

I do run the Wolff non-captive guide rod and springs. All other springs are Glock. I do have a spare Glock captive guide rod. I don't like the plastic guide rods. I put Wolff in all my Glocks, and never had a problem.
    I'm the same way. All of my Glocks either have the Wolff or LWD steel guide rods, some captive and some non-captive, some round spring and some flat. I have used the Scherer steel rod inserts in my large frames before as well. It is what it is, and nothing wrong with the OEM recoil assemblies as is. Just user preference actually and to me the steel replacements just feel better. Difficult to convey to others who will swear you're messing with something you shouldn't since they come originally equipped with the intended parts. If you've ever gotten one of the Wolff replacement recoil assemblies for a Glock pistol, they should come with a +power firing pin spring....or at least they used to.
    Last edited by Ram Rod; August 29th, 2009 at 02:08 AM.

"Ram Rod" - When I got my Wolff guide rod and recoil springs, I purchased the calibration kit. So, I do have a heavy spring and a reduced one sitting in the Glock's shipping box.

The kit also included a reduced power FP spring, but I never installed it. Wolff kits now ship with a factory power FP spring.

Did you ever use the Wolff fire control springs? They sell a full kit to replace all springs.

Quote Originally Posted by bmahle68 View Post
    "Ram Rod" - When I got my Wolff guide rod and recoil springs, I purchased the calibration kit. So, I do have a heavy spring and a reduced one sitting in the Glock's shipping box.

The kit also included a reduced power FP spring, but I never installed it. Wolff kits now ship with a factory power FP spring.

Did you ever use the Wolff fire control springs? They sell a full kit to replace all springs.
    No, I've never used those. I've just changed the recoil assemblies. I'm fixing to try a few things this week on a couple of my Glocks anyway, including the NY1 trigger/3.5# disconnector everybody has been talking about. Before our steel challenge match this upcoming weekend.

Along with the other comments check and clean the gun.
    Shoot a different ammo selection.
    Clean the chamber.

If the situation continues replace the recoil spring and strongly suspect the firing pin channel is fouled.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Give it a good cleaning with Gunzilla...but I'll bet on 'bad ammo'...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links